RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
The exception code 0xc0000409 indicates a stack buffer overflow. Batch alignment problems usually occur when the return variable of a method does not match the return value of the parent method. Normally, a function is executed correctly and fails when the return occurs. This is easy to see when a method takes a long time to execute, but not so easy to observe when a method is fast. You can perform a quick test by adding 10 seconds of sleep to the method and see if the exception occurs in 10 seconds.
How can this be debugged? There are some possibilities:
1) Repeat this in the debugger and observe the crash, causing the failure.
2) If you have a crash dump of it, load it into the debugger, press F5 and observe what failed.
3) If you do not have a crash dump, you can always try to find the cause of the crash, if you know the absolute address of the crash (and the module always loads to a fixed address), or if you know the offset of the crash position since the beginning of the defective module.
Creating an application control exception for MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe
- On the Exceptions Policy page, click Exceptions.
- Under Exceptions, click Add > Windows Exceptions > File.
- In the Prefix Variable drop-down box, select[NONE].
- In the File text box, type C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe
- Under Specify the scan types to exclude this file, select Application Control.
- Click OK.
- On the Exception Policy page, right-click this policy and choose Assign.
- Select the appropriate customer group.
- Click Assign.
- Click Yes.
Performing a System Restore
1) Start your computer and log in as administrator.
2) Click the Start button, select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click System Restore.
3) In the new window, select “Restore computer to previous date” and click Next.
4) Select the last system restore point from the “In this list, click a restore point” list, then click Next.
5) Click Next in the confirmation window.
6) Restarts the computer when recovery is complete.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.