RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
One of the most common things we do is to define the standard applications with which we want to open files. We usually repair the standard browser, standard video player and so on. In this article, I will show you how to change the default programs under Windows 8.1. It’s pretty easy to change, I save time by showing where the options are, so it will be much easier to find.
Change the default applications under Windows 8.1
Follow these steps
- Press the start button and enter the PC settings.
- Select the parameters PC and in the parameters PC Search & Apps.
- Under Search & apps, select Defaults.
- Under Default settings, you will find various options for changing default programs such as web browser, email, music player, video player, photo viewer, etc.
- Now simply click Select a defect and choose from the available list.
Let’s say you want to change the default file mapping for a particular extension. In this case, you have to scroll down a bit. You will find something called standard applications by file type.
Simply select the desired position and choose from the list available. The only disadvantage is that there is no way to navigate and select the desired application. Here are some examples, if you want to see them.
The advantage of this option is the ability to change the default mapping of Windows 8 applications.
I hope you find this advice useful. If you have any questions, please contact our comments section.
Read: Change default browser or programs in Windows 10.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance