Windows updates are essential for Windows 10 systems, especially because they deliver security updates to your computer. However, sometimes users encounter the Windows Update 0x80070012 error when trying to update Windows 10. In such a situation, you should read this article to find a solution.
What causes Windows Update 0x80070012?
- Disability Services.
- Faulty software installed
- Hardware or driver conflicts
- A corrupted update has been downloaded.
How to resolve the problem with Windows Update 0x80070012?
Launch the Windows Update troubleshooter
- Run the Run utility by pressing Windows + R.
- Type ms-settings:troubleshoot in the text box and press Enter. The Windows Update troubleshooting screen opens.ms-settings troubleshoot
- Now go to the troubleshooting screen. Scroll down the list of suggestions and click on Windows Update.
- Select Run Troubleshooting.ms-settings troubleshooting
- Wait for the troubleshooting tool to find any possible problems with the Windows Update utility.
- Once the tool completes its analysis, click Apply and fix.
- Finally, wait for the process to complete.
- Then reboot your computer.
Running Windows Update on reboot