Because security tools perform real-time operations, they consume a lot of resources. But when an antivirus tool consumes all the CPU power, things get complicated.
Users using Avast, a popular antivirus tool, constantly face high CPU load. If you find yourself in this situation too, we have a solution for Avast Service High CPU Usage.
What causes Avast Service High CPU Usage
- The incorrect installation process of Avast antivirus tool.
- Incorrect way of system shutdown due to power failure or other reasons.
- Deletion of a system file or registry entry.
- The consequence of a virus or malware attack.
- Problem with Avast settings
How to fix Avast service High CPU load
- Type Control in the Windows 10 Cortana search box and select the Control Panel option that best suits your needs.
- You can also press Windows + R, type Control Panel, and then press Enter to open it.
- Select View by Category in the upper right corner, then click Uninstall Program under Programs.
- Find the Avast program, right-click on it and select Uninstall.
- On this page, select Repair to restore the program.
- Then click Yes to confirm the operation.
- Reboot your computer.
Remove the Cleanup Tool from Avast
- Open the Avast user interface by clicking on the icon on the taskbar.
- Click the Menu button in the upper right corner and select Settings.
- Switch to the Components tab.
- Find the Avast Cleanup Tool and click the down arrow next to it.
- Then select Uninstall Component and click OK to confirm the uninstall.
- Restart the Avast program.
Update Avast to the latest version
- Open the Avast user interface by clicking on the icon on the taskbar (notification area).
- Click on the Menu button in the upper right corner.
- Then click on Settings.
- Click the General tab, then switch to the Update tab.
- Click both buttons to check for new updates.
Frequently Asked Questions