Sometimes users get error code 83 when trying to download a game on Steam, a popular gaming platform, and don’t know how to fix the problem. In this tutorial, we will discuss some solutions you can use to solve this problem.
Steam error code 83 means that Steam cannot run the game you are trying to run. This problem occurs in all versions of Windows.
What causes “error code 83” on Steam?
- Strict firewall: Several reports claim that the Windows firewall is blocking Steam from running.
- Outdated Windows: An outdated Windows operating system can also cause this error.
- Problems with the Steam server: Steam may be undergoing scheduled maintenance or the server may crash, so games may not run during this period.
- Damaged game files: When game files are missing or corrupt, a Steam error code appears.
How to resolve “error code 83” in Steam?
Check the integrity of your game files
- Start the Steam client.
- Click the Library tab.
- Select the game for which the error occurs and right-click it.
- Select Properties.
- Select the Local Files tab.
- Click Check the integrity of the game file.
Install all available updates for Windows
- Click the Start button.
- Select the gear icon.
- Scroll down to Windows Settings and select Update and Security.
- Select Windows Update in the left sidebar.
- Select Check for updates. If updates are available, it will start installing them.
Allow Steam to run in your firewall settings
Another important decision to try is to go into your computer’s firewall settings and allow the Steam app to run. Then try running the game again in the Steam client to see if it works.