Updating the system is a necessary process when there are obvious errors and defects. However, the process can be interrupted by Windows 10 error code 0xa0000400. Regardless of which Windows 10 update tool you use to update your system, error 0xa0000400 can occur in 1809, 1803, or other versions of Windows 10.
What causes 0xA0000400?
- Common WU problem.
- Problem with a local WU component
- Damaged WU boot folder or disabled WU services.
- Damage to a system file associated with the operating system.
How to resolve problem 0xA0000400?
Performing Windows Update Troubleshooting
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “control.exe” in the dialog box text box and press Enter.
- The Control Panel window opens. In the search bar of this window, type “Troubleshooting” and press Enter.
- Click Troubleshooting, then System and Security in the new window.
- Then select Windows Update and click Troubleshoot Windows Update.
- Select the Apply repairs automatically checkbox and click Next.
- Now, wait for the troubleshooter to complete its analysis. If the troubleshooter detects any problems, it will suggest ways to fix them.
- Click Apply repair to complete the process.
Installing the repair
- Download the Windows 10 ISO file and save it to your desktop.
- Access the file.
- Locate the setup.exe file and double-click it to start the repair.
- Once the process is complete, open the advanced command line and try running the commands to see if this method solved your problem.
Installing the update manually