Steam error code 51 indicates that another program installed on your computer interferes with the game files and prevents your games from running. This error often occurs after you update games in the game client.
What causes error code 51 in Steam?
- Damage to the Steam client itself
- Problem with Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- Game files related to the game you are trying to launch are corrupted
- Deterioration of third-party applications, such as antivirus software installed on your computer.
How to resolve error code 51 in Steam?
Check the integrity of the game files
- Start the Steam client as an administrator and click the LIBRARY tab on the top menu bar.
- Then right-click on the problem game and select the “Properties” option.
- Then, switch to the Local Files tab and click on the Check game file integrity option.
- After that, Steam will start checking the game files and will try to replace any erroneous or missing game files.
- This process will take some time, so please be patient.
- Then close all Steam-related tasks in the task manager and restart the Steam client as an administrator.