A PIN is indeed an excellent way to connect to local systems. Unlike passwords, PINs are system specific and a 4-6 digit PIN is sufficient to protect your profile. Thus, many users adopt the new registration method. While Microsoft tries to create every product accurately, nothing is perfect and neither is the PIN system. Occasionally, the user will receive the following message when restoring the PIN code:
We were unable to connect you, the device required by this cryptographic provider is not operational.Only admnistrator owned posts can execute the include me shortcode
If the user receives such an error, he cannot change, add or delete the PIN code.
The following troubleshooting may be attempted to resolve the problem:
1] Connect with Microsoft Account
- Click the Start button and then click the pass icon to open the settings window.
- Double-click the accounts. The’Your information’ tab is selected by default.
- If you are logged in with your local account, click Log in with a Microsoft account instead.
- Complete the configuration and restart the system.
If this solves your problem, you can make your old linked profile a local profile.
2] Check TPM
A TPM (Trusted Platform Module) is a chip on a security system. TPM stores artifacts using encryption keys and is required for authentication. You should know that not all systems have TPM.
To ensure that the problem is not TPM-related, try the following:
- Make sure the BIOS is updated.
- Make sure TPM is enabled in the BIOS. To check this, press Win+R to open the Run window and enter the command tpm.msc. Press Enter to open the TPM Management Console and check the status under . The TPM is ready for operation.
3] Reset ACLs to Ngc
Among the many expected reasons for error, one could be if the Access Control Lists (ACLs) in Ngc(16) folder are damaged. To isolate this possibility, we reset the LCDs. The procedure for the same as the one proposed on MicrosoftAnswers is as follows:
Right-click the Start button, then open the command prompt in Administrator mode.
Execute the following command :
icacls C:WindowsServiceProfileProfileLocalServiceAppDataLocalMicrosoftNgc /T /Q /C /RESET
Restart the computer and check if it helped.Only admnistrator owned posts can execute the include me shortcode