RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
ClearType is a font technology that allows you to read text for all periods. This is possible because it makes the text on your screen almost as sharp and clear as the text printed on paper, that is, you feel as if you are reading the book.
It works fantabulous with LCD and LED monitors because they are high quality flat screens. You can also upgrade your traditional CRT monitor with ClearType.
Make text easier to read with ClearType Tuner
Windows 10/8/7 has a built-in ClearType tuner. It was only introduced in Windows 7. Let’s understand how to turn it on and use it:
- Click the Start button Start.
- In the search box, type Start , type cleartype or cttune.exe and press Enter to open the ClearType Text Tuner.
- Turn is enabled by default in VlearTyoe. Make sure this is the case and click Next. Windows will check your resolution and ask if you want to continue with your existing resolution if it detects that it is not set to the native resolution.
- The following window appears. In the next 4 windows, you will be asked which font is best for you from the many selection options. Click Next in each window, after you have specified your rendering settings and selected the font you prefer. These choices include two-level rendering, font smoothing, grayscale rendering, and so on.
- When you have completed all the above steps, you will see the last window.
Click Finish. That’s it! That’s it!
Now you should be able to see the text better. It should be clearer than previous text views. If you can’t tell the difference, either your monitor doesn’t have a graphics card that supports at least 256-bit color settings, or Cleartype is already enabled and optimized.
Windows Vista and Windows XP users can use this ClearType Tuner online
If you have any questions, please let us know!
Check this box if your desktop applications and fonts appear blurry under Windows 10/8.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance