RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
t’ for locally created VPN connections. Clicking the Diagnostics button displayed on the VPN connection error page gives a repair option that attempts to solve the problem automatically, provided the problem is absent as a miniport.
- Stop and Start, Remote Access Connection Manager (rasman) service.
- Simply reboot your system and connect to the VPN.
3rd VPN error code 0x80072746
Error description: This is one of the most common VPN errors when the existing connection is forced closed by the remote host. This error occurs when the server machine certificate is not linked to HTTPS on the VPN server or when the server machine certificate is not installed on the VPN server.
- To resolve this problem, you must contact your VPN server administrator. This checks whether the corresponding machine certificate is installed on the VPN server or not.
- If installed correctly, you must check the HTTPS link by executing the following command at the VPN server command prompt : netsh http show ssl
4 VPN Error Code 809
Error Message: The network connection between your computer and the VPN server could not be established because the remote server did not respond.
Possible Solution: Enable port (as mentioned above) on firewall/router. If this is not possible, use an SSTP-based VPN tunnel on both the VPN server and the VPN client – this allows a VPN connection through firewalls, web proxies and NAT.
5th Error Code VPN 13801
Error Description: Although this looks like an occasional error, 13801 is one of the most common VPN errors to which users are exposed. This error occurs when IKE authentication data is unacceptable.
Possible causes: This error normally occurs in one of the following cases :
- The machine certificate used for IKEv2 validation on the RAS server does not have server authentication like EKU (Enhanced Key Usage).
- The machine certificate on the RAS server has expired.
- The root certificate to validate the RAS server certificate does not exist on the client.
- The VPN server name specified on the client does not match the SubjectName of the server certificate.
Possible solution: Unfortunately, you cannot solve this problem yourself. You should contact your VPN server administrator to review and resolve the above issue. To learn more about this error, read the Routing and Remote Access Blog.
6th error code VPN 691
Error description : Some of the most common VPN errors have solutions that you can implement. Error code 691 is one of these common resolvable VPN errors. The error occurs when the remote connection has been denied because the user name and password combination you specified is not recognized or the selected authentication protocol is not allowed on the remote access server. This error is displayed if the authentication phase failed due to incorrect identification information.
- Ensure that the user name and password have been entered correctly.
- Make sure that caps lock is not enabled when you enter your access data.
- Ensure that the authentication protocol selected on the client is allowed on the server.
7th VPN error code 0x800704C9
Possible cause: This is one of the most common VPN errors and occurs when no SSTP port is available on the server.
Possible solution : Fortunately you are c
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance