RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Aptio Setup Utility is a common name among ASUS laptops and their cards. Many users have asked questions about it, so we will inform you about its features and some problems in this article.
What is the Aptio Setup Utility?
A configuration utility is installed on each computer to access the computer’s BIOS. The Basic Input Output System (BIOS) is responsible for storing configurations essential for communication between devices in the system. The BIOS cannot be called and used without a configuration utility. Each computer has its own BIOS and configuration utility, depending on the type of hardware used.
UEFI is a similar term, but it is an improved version of the BIOS Legacy mode and offers more features. Like the BIOS, it also requires a configuration utility to access it. The Aptio configuration utility is a name for the configuration utility developed by American Megatrends and delivered with almost all ASUS computers. The utility can be invoked during computer startup and is an excellent way to customize communication between system devices.
How to solve problems with Aptio Setup Utility
A recent change in the configuration of your device may be one of the factors causing this problem. If you are unable to boot your system, we recommend that you follow this step to check if it is a hardware problem with your hard disk or an incorrect setting in the Aptio configuration utility. Here is the procedure to follow:
- Select the start menu in the Aptio configuration utility, then select Start CSM and change it to Enable.
- Select the Security menu in the Aptio configuration utility, then select Secure Start Control and disable it.
- Select Save & Exit and press Yes.
- Press and hold the power switch to turn off the unit completely.
- Turn on the power and press the F9 key continuously for about ten seconds.
- Select “Advanced Start” and wait for the recovery menu to appear.
- Select “Advanced options”.
- Select “System Restore” and select a specific date before the problem.
If this information is not sufficient, we recommend that you contact the manufacturer of your device to determine if it is a defective device that needs to be replaced.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.