RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Some Windows users asked us questions after finding that the esu.exe file consumes a considerable number of resources. Since the esu.exe file seems to block a continuous flow of resources even in idle mode, users wonder if this file is harmful to their device or if it presents a security risk. The esu.exe file is detected mainly on Windows 10, but there are some incidents on Windows 7 and even on Windows Vista.
First of all, we will discover what the esu.exe file is?
The original file esu.exe is a software component of Garmin Express. It is part of Garmin’s update service, which is used for GPS systems.
Garmin is a high-tech navigation device that guides you in the right direction, whether you are in a known or unknown place. The Garmin map can help you find all the areas, restaurants, hotels, shopping malls, etc. in your area.
Should I remove the esu.exe file?
If Esu.exe was not in a real place, you should use a security scanner that can solve the problem. The most effective way to do this is to perform a thorough anti-malware analysis.
If the scan is completed without red marks, you have successfully ruled out the possibility of a viral infection and can delete the Esu file from your computer.
How can I delete ESU.exe if it is a virus?
Disable System Restore
Trojans have a dangerous habit of infecting recovery points on your system, which can lead to continued infection of your device even after removing the virus. Therefore, you must carry out the following steps:
- Open the system properties of the device. You can find them by right-clicking on the system and selecting Properties.
- In the next step, click on the System Protection link.
- You must now click on the configure button.
- You must disable system protection and delete all recovery points stored on your device. This ensures that the virus is not replicated by system recovery. You can enable system recovery once the virus has been removed.
Uninstalling Garmin Suite
In this case, you simply uninstall the entire Garmin suite by convention (using the Programs and Features Assistant). Here is a quick guide to using the programs and features to uninstall the Garmin suite:
- Press Windows + R to open a Run dialog box. Then type “appwiz.cpl” and press Enter to open the Programs and Features window.
- If you are in the Programs and Files window, scroll down to the installed applications and search for the Garmin Express suite. Once you have seen it, right-click and click Uninstall in the
- new context menu that appears.
- In the uninstall window, follow the on-screen steps to remove Garmin Express Suite from your computer.
- Once the process is complete, restart your computer. During the next boot sequence, you should no longer see the Esu.exe file that occupies system resources.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.