There are many errors and bugs that affect the Outlook email client on a daily basis. These can affect the functioning of a company and cause panic and disorder. Many employees are looking for ways to quickly resolve minor problems and repair Outlook data files (.pst and.ost). You choose a third party software, such as Outlook Repair, to avoid problems with the user’s profile. There are manual ways to solve this problem with the SCANPST.EXE tool. It is an integrated utility provided by Microsoft to repair OST and PST files. It works by analyzing each item file for files and checking for data integrity issues. To learn more about SCANPST’s location and how it can help you, see the next section.
To run this Outlook PST Repair tool, you need to know the location of the PST file on your system, which is difficult to remember. In some versions of Outlook, you can even change the default location. If you do not know the default location of the PST file, you will find detailed information here.
To find scanpst on your computer
If you have installed Microsoft Office, you have also installed scanpst.exe. It is located in the same folder as Outlook. Microsoft Outlook has different versions and the location of the Scanpst.exe file varies depending on the combination of Outlook and Windows versions.
Here’s an easy way to find it:
- Open the Task Manager.
- Find Outlook in the Process tab.
- Right-click on Outlook and select “Open File Tray”. The screenshot on the right shows Windows 8. Under Windows 7, “Open File Location” is the first command in the context menu.
- You will see how Windows Explorer opens the folder where Outlook is installed. Scanpst is in the same folder.
If you cannot find the file scanpst.exe using the search function, try to find the file manually. Check the following locations for the file (the location depends on the version of Windows you are using):
Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10
Reader:\Program files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE16
Reader:\Program files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE15
Reader:\Program files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE14
Reader:\Program files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12
Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10
Reader:\Program files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16
Reader:\Program files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
Reader:\Program files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
Reader:\Program files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
Using Outlook PST Repair by SoftCity
There can be many risks if you use the free method to use the Microsoft inbox repair tool. There are a number of people who prefer to choose an easier and more direct way to solve their problem. A proven solution is to use Outlook PST Repair software. It is very easy to use and has a user-friendly interface that can even be used by a non-technical person.
The software quickly and easily repairs damaged or corrupted Outlook PST files. It also restores mailings embedded in a new PST file that can be stored anywhere on the computer. This way, the original file remains intact. Other reasons to choose the software are:
- Recovers accidentally deleted emails from Outlook.
- Encrypted and oversized PST files can be repaired and recovered.
- Selective recovery allows you to repair important items while eliminating unnecessary data.
How to use Outlook PST Repair
- You must first download and install Outlook PST Repair software on your system.
- Then start the software by double-clicking on the icon.
- Then, the main screen displays many options such as Open PST file, Search PST file, Select Outlook profile.
- If you know the location of the PST file, click Open PST file.
- If you do not have the location of the PST file, go to Find PST file.
- Now select the damaged PST file you want to repair and click the Next button to start scanning.
- On the next screen, specify the destination path and select one of the two scanning options, such as Normal Scan or Smart Scan, depending on the speed at which the PST file is damaged.
- Now click on the Repair option.
- View the file with the Preview option and save the required files to your system.
Outlook PST Repair automatically finds Outlook files and databases. If you have detected a hard disk failure or accidentally deleted an Outlook database, Outlook PST Repair performs a complete scan of that hard disk to find and restore the database. If a database is corrupted, Outlook Recovery will repair it so that it can be reused with Microsoft Outlook. Outlook Recovery can recover Outlook databases in PST and OST formats and save them for use with Outlook or another email application that supports EML format.
If your Outlook 2016 application still does not display emails after trying the above methods, Outlook PST Repair provides a simple solution to safely repair and restore all your damaged or corrupted PST files.