Update: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
Microsoft’s Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant is an easy GUI based tool for upgrading Windows 7, 8, 8.1 to Windows 10.Other than that, you can also use this to get a Windows 10 ISO for offline upgrade.
It is a nifty tool but like any other softwares, you can at certain instances encounter an error message that says “api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll is missing from your computer.”
This driver file is not a native file of Windows. Users began experiencing this after the release of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
Thus the release of an update called Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant to address issues on newer versions of Windows. For those who on an older version and want to upgrade to Windows 10 very smoothly, here is an easy way to fix it.
- Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\
- Once there, search for wimgapi.dll
- Once you find it, Copy the file to C:\Windows10Update\
- You will be prompted to Replace to existing file. Confirm this and accept any message that requires admin permission.
- Restart the upgrade process and Enjoy Windows 10!
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance