Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
If you have noticed that your Windows 10/8 Live Tiles is not working, or in general some tiles are empty, this article may help you to solve the problem.
Windows Live Tiles do not work or are empty
Normally, the program name and icon are displayed in the Windows 10/8 Start menu or on the screen. A live tile displays the latest news or content that the application may want to see. But I recently received an email from the Windows user saying that his live tile is not updated, the number is not displayed and sometimes nothing at all is displayed.
If you experience this problem, you may want to see if any of these troubleshooting steps will help you:
- Restart explorer.exe first and see if it helps. To do this, right-click the task bar > Task Manager. In the Process tab, search for the Windows Explorer. Right-click and select Restart.
- Make sure that your screen resolution is at least 1024 x 768 and that user account control is enabled.
- Run Windows application troubleshooting
- Repair Windows applications. Windows 10 users can reset Windows 10 applications via Settings.
- Check if you have any third-party software installed just before this problem begins. If you think one of them is causing the problem, uninstall it and see if it helps. Some programs like SageThumbs, shell embedded codecs, FastPicture Viewer, programs that change image thumbnails, etc. are known to cause conflicts. Live Tiles uses the.jpg and.png file formats, so any software that interferes with their standard functionality can cause your tiles to malfunction.
- Change local accounts and Microsoft and see if this helps.
- Undo the pin and then pin the application to the start screen.
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling or repairing the application or software using the uninstaller.
- Perform system file verification
- Use the Update PC function.
Let’s hope something helps!
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here