Connection to Windows 8 is not possible if Webroot SecureAnywhere is installed



RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance

One of my customers encountered a problem where he was unable to log in with his Windows 8 account. He received a message indicating that the password he was using was incorrect, even though he was using the correct password. At first, I thought maybe he was trying to use the wrong password. But he was able to log into his Outlook.com account with the same password. Then I noticed that even my login was returning the same error message. I was really confused.

Cannot connect to Windows 8 if Webroot SecureAnywhere is installed



July 2020 Update:

We now recommend using this tool for your error. Additionally, this tool fixes common computer errors, protects you against file loss, malware, hardware failures and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. You can fix your PC problems quickly and prevent others from happening with this software:

  • Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
  • Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
  • Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.

download



I started following the steps it had taken in the recent past. He said he applied Windows Update, downloaded and installed some applications, and installed Webroot SecureAnywhere. It worked well when it happened suddenly.

I performed system recovery

  1. Click the Performance Control button on the login screen.
  2. Hold down the Shift key and click Restart.
  3. On the Select Option screen, click Troubleshooting.

On the Troubleshooting screen, click Advanced Options.

On the screen Advanced Options, click System Restore and follow the instructions.

After recovering the system, I was able to connect, its connection also worked correctly. Then we installed each application separately and everything worked perfectly.

After Webroot SecureAnywhere completed its first full scan, we had the same problem again. We finally found who did it.

That’s why I suggested he contact Webroot support. It appears that the problem has been documented and the application of an update will fix it. But to do this, we first had to restore the system to solve the problem.

After the article, this problem is corrected in version 8.0.2.2.79 and above. The problem was that Webroot SecureAnywhere deleted the key LiveSSP in the following registry key :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlLsa

Well, if you encounter this problem now, you can fix it. The moral of the story keeps all your programs up to date.

I hope you find this article useful.



RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance

Related Video