RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
If you have a Windows’ode 32 ErrorA driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternative driver can provide this functionality , i>then you may be interested in this article. This error is associated with corrupted drivers, services or registry keys.
Some of the known causes of code 32 errors are :
- The device is not configured by default
- A previous attempt to update the driver failed unexpectedly or was interrupted
- A required service connected to the device driver is disabled
- Another device provides default functionality.
Windows code errors 32
Determining the exact cause may require extensive troubleshooting of all software components if caused by faulty drivers. The most recommended solution for this error message is to reinstall the device driver – the first level of repair you should try. Also, always keep your device drivers up-to-date.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver
- In Device Manager, select the device and select the option to uninstall or remove the device.
- Click Action, then search for new material.
- If new hardware did not work, go to Control Panel.
- Select Add/Remove Hardware and add a new device.
- Windows should automatically detect the device and start reinstallation.
- Follow all reinstallation instructions
If you are prompted for the driver location and do not remember it, visit the manufacturer’s website and download the latest driver version from there. This article on uninstalling, deactivating, rewinding and updating device drivers in Windows 8 provides more information.
If the problem persists, there may be a registration problem that must be resolved. You may need to change the driver default values. Fixing a registry error is a veteran computer job; serious problems can occur if you change the registry incorrectly. Therefore, first make sure you back up the registry and create a system restore point, then follow the steps carefully.
Change the driver start values via the registry editor
Open the registry editor and manually navigate to the next registry path –
Locate the drivers that cause the problem. If found, change the starting value from 3 to 1. If your USB mass storage device does not work and displays code error 32 each time, open USBSTOR and change the starting value from 3(0×00000003) to 1(0×00000001(2)
Let’s hope something helps!