RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Windows Defender became more powerful in Windows 10. It can be used as a reliable anti-malware in Windows 10, and most home users may not find it necessary to install third-party antivirus software on their computer. However, Microsoft has changed some things in Windows Defender and has integrated new technologies and features. The Windows Defender preferences window has been migrated to the new Windows 10 preferences application. Therefore, configuring Windows Defender in Windows 10 can be difficult the first time.
By following this manual, you will learn some of the methods for opening Windows Defender settings in Windows 10, as well as how to enable, disable, enable, disable, open, configure, and use Windows Defender.
Windows Defender in Windows 10
The Windows Defender user interface is something you may have seen in earlier versions of Windows. You have the Start tab, the Update tab and the History tab. The Start tab displays the PC status and provides scanning options. In the Refresh tab, you can manually update Defender. Under History, you can view items that have been detected as malware and quarantined or deleted.
To open Windows Defender settings, you can use one of these methods.
1] From the Windows Defender user interface
You can open the Windows Defender settings from the user interface itself. Press Win+X, open the Control Panel and select Windows Defender.
Here you can click on the Settings link to access it.
2] From Windows 10 Settings App
Press Win+I to open the Settings application. Then, in the left pane, click Update and Security, then Windows Defender.
3] Using Cortana Taskbar Search
Cortana can also help you open Windows Defender settings directly. Simply touch Defender
Windows Defender settings look like this :
Configure Windows Defender in Windows 10
Here, in the Windows Defender Settings application, you can configure the following options :
- Enable/disable limited periodic scan
- Enable/disable real-time protection
- Enable/disable cloud-based protection
- Enable/disable sample pattern
- Add exclusions
- Enable/disable advanced notifications
- Perform offline scanning.
- In Windows 10 gets Windows Defender Cloud Protection. This feature sends Microsoft information that can be used to develop new anti-malware signatures to better manage malware detection and removal.Finally, see info version. Click on the link Use Windows Defender below to open the Windows Defender user interface.
If you do not want Windows Defender to scan your specific files, folders, file types or processes, you can add it to the exclude list . To add something to the exclusion list, simply click Add Exclusion under Exclusions and add your file, folder, file type or process.
Windows Defender in Windows 10 version 1607 and also offers the ability to enable and disable limited periodic scanning, enable and disable advanced notifications and perform a Windows Defender boot time analysis.
If you are using Windows 10, you want to familiarize yourself with this new Windows Defender Settings application. Besides: Windows Server 10 includes Windows Defender.
Learn how to protect Windows Defender from potentially unwanted programs. This article shows how to take Windows Defender protection to the highest level of Windows 10 v1703 by changing some group policy settings.
Some of these places will also interest you:
- To disable Windows Defender completely
- To program scans in Windows Defender
- Manually update Windows Defender
- Delete Windows Defender icon in Windows 10
- Windows Defender is disabled or does not work
- Run Windows Defender from command line.