RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Online game servers used for frequent crashes. The problem quickly led to the development of Restarter, a tool that could automatically restart programs and applications if they were accidentally closed.
The developers only later realized that people were using Restarter to monitor and restart various server applications. This encouraged them to focus development on a broader user base. And from now on, the same tool is a generic monitoring, restart and notification tool for many applications.
Knas Restarter is a free portable process monitoring program for Windows. The tool ensures that your critical programs are always ready for use.
Use Knas Restarter
- Download and install application (Installer or Laptop)
- After successful application download and installation, change default monitoring settings if necessary.
- Then select one of the running processes to monitor
- Define the monitoring options and specify the actions to be performed for the monitoring session.
- Now set the restart parameters and start monitoring. Clicking Start starts monitoring the process in the selected interval. You can change the monitoring interval from 60 seconds to another value. Then save the final settings.
- In addition, the restarter has the ability to record and alarm critical events. To do this, the user only has to activate the’Sound’ option. So, if an application you are monitoring is suspended, you will receive an audible warning.
If you wish, you can create a’Restarter Monitored Shortcut’. It is recommended to create a program link that loads the monitoring program with all selected parameters.
How to create monitored restart shortcuts
You can do this either by:
- Creating a shortcut in restarter – After you start monitoring a process, you have the Create shortcut option available. Click this button to create a shortcut’Monitored Restart’. A dialog box will soon appear on your computer screen asking you to specify a location for the shortcut.
- Create a shortcut or command line argument manually – A valid shortcut contains 4 parameters, where parameter 0 is the executable restart file itself. Separate each parameter with a’SPACE’. Please note that any path containing a space must be enclosed in quotation marks. To get an idea of the structure of a valid shortcut command line, see the following example.
'X:FULL PATH TORestarter.exe''PARAMETER 1''PARAMETER 2''PARAMETER 3''PARAMETER 3'
Restart functions Jas :
- Portable program. Contains all files in a single directory
- Possibility to restart a program if it accidentally crashes or stops
- Possibility to stop or end a monitored process if it is suspended for a long period
- Options to play a selectable sound if the process fails
- Options to start your application with a shortcut and have it automatically monitored with restart.
Knas Restarter is compatible with Windows 7 and can be downloaded from here(2)
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance