RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
There is a Microsoft tool that helps you solve problems and problems with Windows 10. The Windows Software Repair Tool is available as a standalone application from Microsoft servers and automates the execution of certain commands.
Software Repair Tool for Windows 10
When you download the tool, run the executable. You will be asked to accept the terms of the license.
If you have read and accepted the box I have read and accepted the license agreement, click the Next button to scan and repair. You will then see the following screen.
When you click the button, the tool performs the following Windows troubleshooting tasks, which are generally the most frequently suggested solutions to most Windows problems:
- Create a system restore point
- Repair system components and detect corrupted files. The system file checker
- Reinstall system settings
- Reinstall system applications
- Run DISM tool to restore component memory status, restore system status and repair system corruption.
- Update your system with Windows Update
- Perform end of work tasks and restart your computer.
The tool appears to be released for Surface devices, but runs on all Windows 10 PCs. The digital signature has a time stamp of August 9, 2016, and the tool displays the change date (16) as August 20, 2016 – so it appears to have been recently published/updated.
You can download the file softwareerepairtool.exe from Microsoft by clicking here. This was the link http://aka.ms/softwarerepairtool but it seems it has now been deleted].
If the tool does not help you or if you do not like the changes made, you have the option to return to the created system restore point.