RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
and delete all files and folders it contains.
When the files are used, restart your device. After restarting, execute the above commands again. Your Windows Store application must be closed, so do not start it.
You can now delete the files from the folder Software Distribution mentioned. In the prompt windows, type the following commands in sequence and press Enter:
0x800706430x800c0002 0x80070643Net start bits0x800c0002
Restart. If you are using Windows Update, try Microsoft Updates or vice versa.
12. Reset the Catroot folder and view. To reset the catroot2 folder, do the following:
Open a high command prompt, type the following command in order and press Enter:
0x80070643net stop cryptsvc0x800c0002 0x80070643md %systemroot%system32catroot2.old0x800c0002 0x80070643xcopy %systemroot%systemroot%system32catroot2 %systemroot2 %system32catroot%system32catroot%system32catroot2. old /s0x800c0002
Then delete all contents of the catroot2 folder
After doing this, type the following in the CMD windows and press Enter :
0x80070643net start cryptsvc0x800c0002
Your Catroot folder will be reset when you restart Windows Update.
13 Open a high prompt, type the following and press Enter :
0x80070643Ren c:windowswinsxspending.xml pending.alt0x800c0002
This will rename the pending.xml file to pending.old. Now, try again.
14 Delete the BITS queue from all jobs in progress. To do this, enter the following in a high PDC and press Enter:
0x80070643bitsadmin.exe /reset /all users0x800c0002
15. Remove incorrect values from the register.
Open the registry editor and navigate to the next key :
Right-click COMPONENTS. Now delete the following, if any, from the right pane :
Restart your computer and try again.
16. boot in a clean boot state and run Windows Update to see if this helps. After deleting the contents of the SoftwareDistribution folder, try it. It works in most cases.
17 Read this if Windows Update does not work or if the Windows Update page itself is empty. Add these few websites to the white list.
18 This will help you if Windows Update gets stuck downloading updates.
19 See if the Windows Update page is empty.
20 If you receive errors when configuring Windows updates, go here. Cancel changes.
21 Use the Windows Update Components Tool and see if it helps you.
22 Read this article if you receive the update error code from Windows 10 0x8024a105 when downloading updates.
23 See this article if Windows 10 Creators Update is not installed.
24 This article will help you if you receive the Potential Windows Update database errors detected error message.
25. See this when you get the Windows Update error 0x80070643.
These links may also interest you:
- Troubleshooting Windows Updates installation problems on Windows – FAQ
- Manual Reset of any Windows Update component
- Windows 10 installed the same update
- Windows 10 cannot be updated with Windows Update
- Windows Store applications cannot be updated on Windows
- Microsoft CheckSUR Tool to repair Windows Updates
- Windows Update Error 0x800c0002
- Troubleshooting Windows Update Windows Update Update, Microsoft Update and Windows Server Update Services
- Windows Updates cannot be installed on Windows & Windows Server
- There have been some problems installing updates, but we will try again later
- Windows Update error code 0x8024402f (14)
- Error when configuring Windows updates. Cancel Changes
- Windows 10 Creators Update is not installed
- Your device is in danger, because it is obsolete and lacks important security and quality updates
- Reset Windows Update Client with PowerShell script
- Some updates have been cancelled
- Service registration is missing or damaged
- How to reset catroot2 folder in Windows
- There were some problems installing updates, but we will try again later.