RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
We have already seen several free file encryption or folder locking programs. If you are looking for one with a minimalist and cool look for your Windows 8, you can try WinFolder Lock Pro.
WinFolder Lock Pro is free, simple, portable and user-friendly software that locks files to prevent unauthorized access.
The tool is very easy to use. After downloading it, run the executable and select the folder you want to lock. Then click Lock.
After locking the file when I tried to open it, the recycle bin opened. Of course, frustrating someone who tried to uncover your secrets.
If you try to copy, move, rename or delete folders, the operation will be cancelled and you cannot do so. The following message is displayed instead.
To unlock the folder, run the tool again, locate the folder, and click Unlock.
- Complete AES256 / ACL replacement kernel protection technology that protects files forever in the kernel
- Protected against virus attacks when the computer is infected, the malicious application cannot copy, send or touch the protected file.
- Encoded with maximum protection functions to avoid errors in functions, the application work is also guaranteed when installing another operating system.
- Password spaces and special characters
- Supports all folder properties, including read-only and hidden
- Support for external hard drives and flash drives
- Protected against system folder lock
- Support for locked folders
- Faster password protection
- No external program/service to protect the file
- ICACLS and TAKEOWN cannot assign file access permissions through kernel protection.
- Compatible with all file systems.
WinFolder Lock Pro works on all Windows systems and can be obtained from joshcellsoftwares.com. UPDATE: Looks like the freeware has been downloaded. Maybe you’d like to see some more here.