Updated January 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
so users can easily use 4K hard drives in their PCs. No additional configuration is required. When you connect a 4K hard drive to a PC running Windows 8 or later, the operating system will automatically recognize it and configure itself to use the hard drives. You can also use a native 4K hard disk as master and a 512-byte hard disk as slave. This will not affect the performance of your computer.
Here are some points that Microsoft has designed to clarify the operation of native 4K disks:
- Windows 7 SP1 uses the 512E format, i.e. 512 logical bytes are generated from the 4K blocks and used for processing.
- From Windows 8, emulation of 4K blocks into 512-byte blocks is no longer necessary; users can boot directly from 4K hard disks.
- 4K disks are compatible with NT file system
- You can also manage ReFS (Resilent File System)
- Full Windows Defender support and disk space so you can perform related operations with native 4K disk files.
Microsoft support policies for 4K drives
Microsoft support policy for 4K drives does not guarantee a solution, although the company will assist customers in troubleshooting. If the customer accepts and chooses Microsoft support, the money paid to investigate the incident will not be refunded. If the customer refuses to take over the terms, Microsoft will not investigate the incident and will refund the money paid for the incident.
If there is no solution, Microsoft may ask customers:
- Replicate conditions on supported devices to ensure that the device (hard disk) is supported by the operating system.
- Contact the hard disk drive manufacturer to find a solution to the problems.
Although the above requirements for Microsoft support resemble a single case, in most cases, if you use brand companies like Seagate, etc., you should be able to run 4K sector hard disks on Windows 10 and Windows 8 without problems. Since Microsoft does not guarantee resolution on unsupported devices, it would be better to check the cost of support and stick to the one that costs the least. That is, if a local technical expert claims he or she can solve the problem and costs less than Microsoft, it would be better for you to go with the local technician. But know that local technicians are not as transparent as Microsoft in troubleshooting.
In short, if you are using Windows 10 or Windows 8 and you have purchased a renamed 4K hard disk, you can use it without problem. You can even use the 4K disk as your primary boot disk, because Windows 10 and Windows 8.1/8 support booting from a 4K disk. For Windows 7, the operating system creates logical clusters of 512 bytes and you can still use 4K sector disks under Windows. One word but before finishing, not all
You should also bear in mind that currently not all system imaging software is prepared for handling 4K hard disks. So before you buy, make sure your system imaging software is ready or buy one that supports 4K sector disks.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here