Updated April 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Xbox Game Bar is the customizable overlay game built into Windows 10. Xbox Game Bar works with almost all PC games, giving you instant access to widgets to save and share screens, control your music, find new teammates with Looking for Group (LFG), and chat with Xbox friends from the Xbox console, phone, and PC – all without leaving your game.
With the many features available, you can customize the Xbox Game Bar to seamlessly move from your game to your favorite gaming activities.
How to Add or Remove Overlay Buttons from Xbox Game Bar
You can add or remove your favorite overlays (activities) below so they appear as buttons on the Xbox Game Bar Start Bar for faster access.
- Audio – Get the perfect mix by adjusting the volume of your game, chats, and background applications.
- Record – Save a clip or take a screenshot when something big happens.
- Gallery – View your game clips and screenshots here.
- Group Search – Use the Group Search feature to find players for your favorite multiplayer games.
- Performance (beta) – Follow the FPS and other real-time statistics of your game.
- Spotify – Link your Spotify account to bring your games to life with your favourite songs.
- Xbox Achievements – Track the progress of your games and see what you’ve unlocked.
- Xbox Chat – Start a text or voice chat (individually or in a group).
April 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
If you pin an overlay, it will always appear on your screen above any game or application, even if the game bar is disabled.
How to Open the Game Bar
To open the game bar, press Windows+G. It appears as an overlay of the game you are currently playing. It also appears on top of your desktop or any other application you’re using, but it’s most useful when you’re playing a game. Press Windows+G again to close it.
Although Microsoft still calls it the “Game Bar”, this name is misleading at the moment. It is now a real overlay of several fields, not just one bar. If you see a smaller bar, it means that you haven’t yet installed the May 2019 Windows 10 update.
When the game bar is visible, you can click on the “Home” icon at the top – it looks like a menu button – to select the areas visible in the overlay environment.
If Windows+G does nothing, make sure the Game Bar is enabled. Go to Settings > Games > Game Bar, make sure the option “Play clips, take screenshots and transfer with the Game Bar” is enabled, and check that you haven’t changed the link from Win+G to anything else. If you set a custom shortcut, use it instead of Win+G.
The Game Bar in Windows 10 is an underestimated feature that allows you to easily take screenshots, record and play directly from a game (or application) without the need for external software. Recently, the game bar has been redesigned with speed improvements and other new features.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.