Updated March 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
If you wish, you can change the default location of the search index in Windows 10/8/7, which is stored by default in the folder C:ProgramDataMicrosoftSearchDataData , which is a hidden system folder.
Open the Control Panel in the’All Items’ view and click Indexing Options.
March 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
Then click Advanced.
In the field, click New selection.
Select the folder where you want to save the search index file. Click OK.
This process restarts the Windows Search Service and indexing is restarted and stored at this new location.
You want more? Check out these tips for Windows Search Indexer.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here