Updated December 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
This article shows you how to use the DISM tool to repair a Windows system image under Windows 10/8.1. The system update and preparation tool or the CheckSUR tool checks your Windows computer for inconsistencies that can be caused by various hardware errors or software problems and can correct them. In Windows 10/8 and Windows Server, the Inbox Corruption Repair brings CheckSUR functionality to Windows. You do not need a separate download to get the tool.
Corrupted Windows component memory
Repair Windows system image with DISM
If a Windows image becomes unusable, you can use the Deployment, Imaging and Maintenance Management (DISM) tool to update files and fix the problem. In case of system inconsistency and damage, you can use the DISM tool using the image cleaning function with the available switches.
/Online /Cleanup image followed by these switches :
- /ScanHealth: This checks if the component memory is damaged and records that corruption occurred in the C:WindowsLogsCBSCBS.log file, but no corruption has been fixed with this switch. This is useful for recording what, if anything, is corrupt. Use Dism /Online /Cleanup image /ScanHealth. This may take 10 to 15 minutes.
- /TestHealth : Checks if a component damage mark is already present in the register. It’s just a way to see if there’s corruption going on right now. Consider it a read-only CHKDSK. Use Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth. This could take less than a minute.
- /RestoreHealth or more depending on the level of corruption. Use dism /online /cleanup image /RestoreHealth.
To perform these operations, you must open a high command prompt. You must first check if there is corruption and if the corruption or image is reparable. If this is the case, you can use the switch /RestoreHealth to fix the corruption.
TIP : : Fix corrupted Windows Update system files using the DISM tool.
Inbox corruption repair
You can use this :
- If the system file control is corrupted or SFC does not work and the SFC /SCANNOW command is unable to repair corrupted system files because the memory is corrupted.
- Correct corruption of a Windows component memory when the same Windows updates still seem available, even if they have already been successfully installed in the update history.
- If one Windows image becomes unusable, you can use the DISM (Deployment Imaging and Servicing Management) tool to update files, fix the problem, and repair the Windows image. DISM allows you to repair an offline Windows image in a WIM or VHD file or an online Windows image.
Source: Microsoft TechNet.
With our free FixWin 10 for Windows 10 software, you can repair the Windows component store with just one click. Microsoft’s Windows Software Repair Tool repairs system components and detects corrupted files, synchronizes system date and time, resets system settings, reinstalls system applications and runs the DISM tool to repair the system image with a single click.
See this message if you receive an error message DISM The source file could not be found.
Additional information :
- Corrupted Windows image repair – Error 0x800f0906
- CheckSUR : System update tool for Windows Update repair
- Manage operating system images with DISM in Windows
- Provide image service and management tool in Windows
- Remote procedure call failed.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here