Last Updated on November 23, 2018
Updated September 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Microsoft Security Essentials 4 Beta was released on November 29, 2011 and is now available for download from Microsoft Connect using your Windows Live ID.
Microsoft Security Essentials 4 scanning
When it comes to security, most people are unaware of the risks they take by exposing their computer to multiple websites, opening an attachment to an email, or even connecting a USB stick or external media such as a CD/DVD to their PC. Most of these media may contain malware or unwanted software that can damage your computer of various sizes. Trojans, malware, viruses, backdoor attacks, silent scripts … the list of online / offline threats is very scary. And that’s a very good reason why you need antivirus, firmware or security software to monitor your computer and protect it from the wild side of the technology.
Modern operating systems like Windows 7 are highly secure and actively protect you against almost all security threats with built-in security measures such as
- Malware removal tool. (You can run this delete tool by typing mrt.exe in the RUN dialog box. It removes all potentially known security risks such as malware if present on your PC)
- Windows Defender (a free program that helps you stay productive by protecting your computer from pop-ups, slow performance and security threats against spyware and other potentially unwanted software.
- Windows Firewall (monitors and warns incoming and outgoing ports and communications based on security risks.
- Kernel Patch Protection (protects critical system files against tampering)
- Data execution prevention (monitors and prevents unwanted activity or memory consumption by potentially dangerous software)
- Additional intelligent screen filters and online filters (integrated directly into Internet Explorer and Windows Live software such as Messenger, Mail, etc)
- User account control.
If you use an operating system as advanced as Windows 7, all updates are automatically installed on your PC when you connect via Windows Update. Your Windows 7 PC is almost risk-free. But again, it’s a very dark place – the Internet! Online threats such as viruses and modern security attacks require that a PC be equipped with dedicated antivirus software. And while there are so many free / paid antivirus programs that are as good, my personal choice is Microsoft Security Essentials.
Microsoft Security Essentials is not just an antivirus program. It’s a complete protection against almost anything your PC needs to stay away from. Microsoft Security Essentials is free and easy to install and use. It runs silently and efficiently in the background, so you don’t have to worry about interruptions or updates.
Why use Microsoft Security Essentials 4?
Why choose Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) if there are already many other antivirus solutions that I can download or purchase for free? That’s a good question, and it’s up to you to decide what software you can rely on. For me, I chose MSE for many reasons.
- It’s family. MSE is designed for Windows and works for Windows from the inside out. It has total freedom for all system folders and patch protected files, including gray areas of Windows 7
- The user interface is really simple and requires no attention in most cases. I t runs silently in the background to protect your PC while you can afford to be truly carefree.
- It is free of charge. You don’t need to register, subscribe or pay to receive regular protection and updates. It does not harass you through advertising or pop-up windows or the like.
- It offers complete protection without compromising system performance or storage space.
- Installation is so easy, just two clicks and you’re ready. Updates are downloaded automatically.
- MSE uses the same engine as Microsoft Forefront, a proven security solution for enterprises and large networks.
Advanced features of Microsoft Security Essentials 4
- Real-time protection: Real-time protection means addressing potential threats before they become a problem. A file is analyzed before you can access it. Alerts alert you if spyware, viruses or other malware is running or installed on your PC and suspicious files and programs cannot be opened.
- Flexible Scan Options: Microsoft Security Essentials provides comprehensive system scanning capabilities with scheduled and on-demand scanning options
- System cleaning: Threats are classified as heavy, high, medium, or low, and you can choose to ignore, quarantine, or delete the system element. Or you can set MSE to perform the actions automatically if you want your hands-free
- Windows Firewall Integration : Hand in hand with the built-in Windows Firewall
- Dynamic Signature : This is a way to check whether a suspicious program is bad or not. Before a suspicious program runs, Microsoft Security Essentials pretends to run it to determine what it will do. This gives programs special signatures that are compared to the Microsoft database for good and bad programs. Programs are also monitored after they are released to ensure they are not doing anything harmful, such as establishing unexpected network connections, changing central parts of the operating system or downloading malicious content.
- Rootkit protection: Rootkits use secret methods to hide, and Microsoft Security Essentials has the latest anti-stealth technology to detect them. MSE also monitors the kernel, the core operating system, in real time.
- Network Inspection System: The latest version of Microsoft Security Essentials helps you maintain the security of your PC network. The network inspection system protects against programs like Conficker (MS09-67) and others that exploit network vulnerabilities to infect PCs.
Microsoft Security Essentials screenshots 4
The boot screen displays the general protection status of your PC. As you can see in the image above, it is very easy to understand at a glance. A green ribbon indicates the entire protected status, a red/orange color indicates a hazardous status and requires additional input and selection by the user. But in 90% of cases, MSE automatically performs all necessary actions without user intervention. You can perform a fast / full / custom scan directly from this screen.
SCREENSHOT OF SETTINGS
ADVANCED SETTINGS. SCREENSHOT
I spent a whole day with MSE 4 beta and several cups of coffee and tested the product in every possible way. Overall, I really enjoyed the quiet operation of MSE. Most of the time, I didn’t even have to stand in front of the PC, because…. MSE did its job quietly. It’s almost like a trusted warrior committed to protecting your PC no matter what. The installation was pretty simple, there was nothing to install (unless your geek heart wanted to open the screws and nuts of this software). Updates and scans were virtually silent and required little or no user interaction. In terms of scanning speed, it has also improved significantly over other third-party solutions and previous versions of MSE. (Believe me, I have a USB stick full of the latest viruses and various risk codes for testing purposes). Overall, this is a really good security solution if you want to protect your Windows computer with a Microsoft-based solution.
One more thing. It looks like Microsoft would skip MSE 3 and release MSE 4 directly after MSE 2 – why? I have no idea. Let me know when you do!
Download Microsoft Security Essentials 4
You can download Microsoft Security Essentials 4.0.1111.0 Public Beta from yesterday. You may need to connect with your Windows Live ID. The 64-bit MSE 4 is an 11 MB download and the 32-bit MSE 4 is an 8.9 MB download. Files can be downloaded using the File Transfer Manager (FTM), which is compatible with Windows 98SE and higher.
Let me know that you have experience with Microsoft Security Essentials 4 if you decide to try it. This is a guest entry by Mister Lee
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here