Updated September 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
On Windows 8, Sleep is not selected by default in the power switch options. Users may notice that there is no hibernation option in Windows 8. The default options available are Off, Restart and Sleep. I’m sure many of us who work a lot with PCs and have several programs open all the time will miss the Hibernate option.
You can enable or disable the Hibernate option in Windows using a command or Fix It. If you want to display the Hibernation option in the power switch options, you can perform these steps.
Display Hibernation option on Windows 8
To display Hibernation option in the list of power switches, follow these simple steps :
1) Go to All Control Panel items and open the power options from the item list.
2 Under Power Options, select the Select what the power button does option from the list of options on the left.
3 Click Change settings that are not currently available to change the performance settings listed there.
(4) Select the Hibernation option from the list and click the Save Changes button.
That’s it! The Hibernation option is now available in the power button options list.
This also applies to Windows 7 – but you can also check this message.
Do you want to try these links
- Difference between sleep, hybrid sleep and hibernation in Windows 7
- Should you put your Windows PC on standby or turn it off at night?
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here