Updated January 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
If you downloaded a new version of an Intel driver and are trying to install it on your Windows 10 system to update the driver, the Intel Software Installer displays an error message “Failed to parse setup.xml”, this article may help you.
What is Causing This Error?
These issues may be related to :
- Corrupt drivers
- Damaged parameters
- Upgrade from the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) driver to a standard Intel® version.
- Upgrading from a generic Intel® driver to an OEM driver
Using Intel Driver and Support Wizard
Intel Driver & Support Assistant automatically updates or installs drivers for your computer. This utility helps keep your system up to date. It detects driver updates that are relevant to your computer and then helps you install them quickly and easily.
Uninstall the Wi-Fi Driver
- Uninstall the Wi-Fi driver. Windows may have a driver for your Wi-Fi wireless adapter in its Inbox. You cannot uninstall a driver from your Inbox (the Uninstall driver from this device option is not displayed). Proceed to the next step if the same driver version is automatically installed after uninstalling.
- Go to Device Manager.
- Expand the category of network adapters.
- Right-click on the Intel wireless adapter and select the uninstall option.
- Be sure to select the option to uninstall the driver software from this device.
- Reboot your computer.
Uninstall and then Reinstall the Driver.
- Download the latest driver installation file from Intel.com and save it to your computer.
- Then uninstall the driver from your system.
- Reboot your computer, then run the driver installation file you downloaded to install the driver.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.