Updated March 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Bluetooth is a wireless technology that allows you to connect devices to each other. In Windows 10, you can use Bluetooth to connect keyboards, phones, speakers, and so on.
Bluetooth is excellent when it works, but you may experience problems when you try to pair your device with a Windows 10 system. We will show you how to solve these connection problems.
Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled
Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Bluetooth and other devices. Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled.
Note: When you enable Bluetooth, the following message appears just below the power button:
"Now discoverable as "computer_name"
If you are also using a laptop with a physical Bluetooth switch on the case, make sure the switch is turned on.
- Go to the Device Manager and right-click on your Bluetooth device
- Choose Properties and go to the Advanced tab
- Note the number next to the manufacturer’s identification.
- Go to this page and enter your manufacturer’s identification number
- It identifies the manufacturer of your Bluetooth accessory and redirects you to the appropriate page where you can download the latest driver.
- One solution that may solve your Bluetooth problems in Windows 10 is to update a driver. This is probably the millionth time you’ve read this kind of thing, but it might help.
So, if you haven’t got your driver updated by Windows Update, go to the Device Manager and try to manually download the latest driver for your Bluetooth device.
March 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
If you think you have better luck, you can also check the manufacturer’s website to find the compatible driver.
Enable Bluetooth devices to find your PC
To resolve the Windows 10 Bluetooth not working, we recommend that you use this method.
Step 1: Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth and Other Devices.
Step 2: Scroll down to Related Settings and click More Bluetooth Options.
Step 3: On the Options tab, enable the Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC option in the Search section.
Repositioning your device
Bluetooth has a limited range. The specific value varies, but in a domestic environment it is about ten meters. This can be considerably reduced by physical barriers such as walls.
So make sure that the device you want to pair with your computer is turned on, fully charged, and close to your Windows 10 system.
Also make sure that it is not too close to another device with a USB 3.0 port. Unshielded USB devices can sometimes interfere with Bluetooth connections.
Other useful solutions
In addition to the methods mentioned above, some users make other useful recommendations:
- Changing energy-saving options
- Try another USB port
- Repairing the unit
- Check for Windows updates
- Disable other Bluetooth devices
- You can also try them if the options mentioned above cannot help you solve the Bluetooth problem in Windows 10 that is not working. I hope this article can help you with troubleshooting.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.