Updated January 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
There can be many combinations of situations in which Disqus Comment can work or fail. We have sometimes seen the comment box of Disqus on the phone but not on the desktop and vice versa. In some cases, you may see the default WordPress comment box. And if you want to post a comment here, it will unfortunately not appear in Disqus.
If a website owner has changed some settings for a cache plugin, this can happen. In this case, the only option you have is to report the problem to the website owner. If a base file has been changed after an update or if there is a conflict, Disqus does not load. In this case, you will see the WordPress commenting system native to that site.
Refresh your Browser
- Click directly on this Refresh Firefox button when viewing this page in Firefox. This will not work if you are using another browser or mobile device.
- You will also find a “Refresh Firefox” button at the top of the Firefox information page about:support Troubleshooting.
- To continue, click Refresh Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close to update itself. When you are finished, a window will appear with your imported information. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
Changing your DNS server
In Windows, you can change this option from the Control Panel. This option is not yet part of the new Windows 10 Settings application.
- Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings.
- Right-click the network connection you want to configure and select Properties. This option must be changed separately for each connection for which you want to modify it. This means that if you have a computer with wired Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections, you must change them for your Wi-Fi and Ethernet adapters if you want to change the DNS server for both.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCIP/IPv4) from the list and click Properties.
- Select “Use the following DNS server addresses, enter the addresses of the DNS servers you want to use, and then click OK.
- If you want to set up a custom DNS server also for IPv6 connections, select “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCIP/IPv6)”, click “Properties” and enter the IPv6 addresses as well. Click “OK” when finished.
- After changing your DNS server on a Windows PC, you may need to clear your DNS cache to ensure that Windows is using the records from your new DNS server rather than caching the results from your old server.
Accessing the site in “incognito” mode
These modes load just as you first accessed all associated files. They are often used by many to check if changes have been applied. All browsers offer InPrivate or Incognito mode, try it.
That’s it! We’ve covered everything from the basics to URL mapping and domain migrations.
Disqus is used a lot in different blogs over the years and it’s rare that it had a problem with Disqus itself. One of the first steps in troubleshooting is usually to make everything work as it should.
Whatever the reason why your comments don’t appear when using Disqus, I hope that one of the above solutions will solve the problem for you.
If all of the above steps don’t work, please contact the Disqus support team or post your problem on their forums.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.