Updated March 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Error code 0x3A98 occurs when users attempt to run a full WlanReport from a command prompt window. This survey is usually conducted by users who have problems with their wireless network connection.
Executing Network Troubleshooting
If you see a network error message, such as “Server not available”, the message box must include the option to use network troubleshooting. In an error message, click on the words “Troubleshooting” or “Diagnosis” to perform a network troubleshooting.
If no error messages are displayed, you can also manually open the network troubleshooter.
- Click on the Start button, then on Control Panel. Type the troubleshooter in the search box in the Control Panel window. Click on Troubleshooting, then select Network and Internet.
- In the list that appears, click on the type of problem you are experiencing. The network mechanic will try to find the problem.
Running WlanReport with Administrator Access
March 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
If you do not have any basic problems with your Internet connection and only get the error code 0x3A98 when you try to run a full WlanReport, it is probably because the CMD window you are using does not have administrator access.
Many of the affected users who encountered this problem reported that they were able to solve the problem after ensuring that they had executed the command from a elevated prompt.
Here is a brief guide to running WlanReport from a elevated command prompt:
- Press Windows + R to open a Run dialog box. Then type’cmd’ in the text box and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open a high prompt. When the User Account Control (UAC) prompt appears, click Yes to assign administrator rights.
- If you are at the high command prompt, type the following command to create a Wlan report:
- netsh wlan show wlanreport
- Run the command and see if the report is generated without the error message.
Disabling third-party antivirus programs
As several concerned users have pointed out, you can also see the 0x3A98 error in situations where a third-party security suite excessively controls the data exchange that comes and goes on your local or professional network.
In the vast majority of cases, McAfee and Comodo would be responsible for the emergence of this problem. If this scenario applies, you can solve the problem by disabling real-time protection of the security suite or, in more serious cases, uninstalling it and also ensuring that you also delete any remaining files that could cause this behavior.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.