Updated February 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Many Windows users asked us questions after being unable to install iTunes. The error message is “HRESULT 0x80073715”. It turns out that the problem is facilitated by a conflict between the x86_x64.msm file and the Vcredist_x64.exe file that causes an installation error. According to our initial research, the problem is not limited to a particular version of Windows, as has been confirmed on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
An Error occurred during installation of assembly ‘Microsoft.VC80.CRT,type=”win32″,version=”8.0.50727.6195″,publicKeyToken=”1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b”,processorArchitectur=”amd64″‘. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80073715.
Configuring the Windows Installer service
iTunes requires that the Windows Installer module installs its components correctly. This component should be available by default, but it may have been disabled or not started for system performance. This solution requires changes to your Windows registry. If you do not agree with the changes to the registry, you should not proceed with this solution.
February 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
- Windows 7 users: Click on the Start button and type cmd in the search field. Right-click on the result of the prompt and choose Run as administrator.
- Windows 8 and Windows 10 users: Right-click the Start button and select Command prompt (Admin). Click Yes to the User Account Control message.
- Copy and paste or type this command: sc config TrustedInstaller start= auto and press Enter. You should receive a confirmation message.
- Close the command prompt.
- Windows 7 Users: Click on the Start button and select Run………….
- Windows 8 and Windows 10 users: Right-click on the Start button and choose Run.
- Type regedit and press Enter. Click Yes to the User Account Control message.
- Switch to the left side of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control.
- After expanding the control button to the right, find the RegistrySizeLimit value and double-click. If this is not the case, right-click on New and select the DWORD value (32 bits). Name the
- RegistrySizeLimit value, then press Enter, then double-click to open the value.
- In the Value Data field, type: FFFFFFFF A numerical value of (4294967295) appears next to the value.
- Close the Registry editor and restart your computer.
- Try reinstalling iTunes.
Running the iTunes installation program with administrator rights
It appears that this particular problem may also occur due to authorization problems. Many users who encountered the’Hresult 0x80073715′’ error every time they tried to install iTunes managed to fix the symptoms by making sure that the installer is open with administrator privileges.
- Simply right-click on the installed iTunes and select Run as administrator. Then click on Yes in the UAC (User Account Control) window and follow the usual instructions.
- If the error code was caused by an authorization problem, the installation should end without error.
Installing Visual C++ 2005 Redist Package
It turns out that the most common cause that will cause the ‘Hresult 0x80073715′’ error is the case where a particular library file is not included in the distribution of the installation package provided by iTunes. Several users who also encountered this problem reported that the installation was successful after the installation of the Visual C++ 2005 Service Package 1 Redist Package and tried to reinstall iTunes.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.