Updated January 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
There are many DLLs in the Windows installation folder and each of them is very important for the integrity of the operating system. One of these files is the “msstdfmt.dll” file, which stores some commands required by some applications for correct execution. In this article, we will discuss the reasons why the error “msstdfmt.dll missing” could occur, and provide practical solutions to the problem.
What is the cause of the error “msstdfmt.dll is missing”?
After receiving numerous reports from several users, we decided to study the problem and developed a number of solutions to solve it completely. We also investigated the reasons that caused the problem and listed them as follows.
- Deleted file: In some cases, the DLL is missing in the folder, which can prevent the application from using the file and its functions, and trigger the error.
- File not saved: In some cases, the DLL file may be in the folder but not saved, causing the error.
Now that you have a basic understanding of the nature of the problem, we will look at the solutions. Ensure that they are implemented in the order in which they appear to avoid conflict.
Common type of errors
If you have an msstdfmt.dll error and the file is missing, you will get the next error when running your program or game. Here are the most common messages that users receive when they encounter an error with the missing msstdfmt.dll file.
- msstdfmt.dll Not Found
- File msstdfmt.dll Not Found.
- This application failed to start because msstdfmt.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
- Cannot find msstdfmt.dll
- The file msstdfmt.dll is missing.
- Cannot start the program. A required component is missing: msstdfmt.dll. Please install the program again.
Sometimes Windows does not even work properly because of the missing or damaged msstdfmt.dll file. To repair it, you must download the file and place it where you want it to be on your computer. Read the installation instructions below, which will help you in case of an error in the msstdfmt.dll file.
Extracting the DLL file
Some users have solved this problem with this procedure, which extracts the DLL from a tool developed and distributed by Microsoft.
Here is the procedure to follow:
- Download this tool for Microsoft Exchange 2000, which is a VB6 program distributed with msstdfmt.dll.
- Run the program and extract its contents to a folder of your choice.
- Copy msstdfmt.dll to c:\windows\system32 if it runs on a 32-bit operating system or to c:\windows\syswow64 if it runs on a 64-bit operating system.
- Open a command prompt (cmd.exe) with administrator privileges.
At the command prompt, type OS 32 bits.
or on a 64-bit operating system
now your VB6 program should start successfully.
Perform a clean reinstallation of the software that causes the Msstdfmt.dll error
Simultaneously press the “Windows” + “R” keys to open the Execution Tool. Paste the following command into the Open text box of the Run window that opens and press Enter on your keyboard. This command opens the Programs and Features tool.
The Programs and Functions screen appears. You can see all the software installed on your computer in the list on this screen. Locate and right-click on the software that displays the DLL error in the list. In the context menu that appears, click on the “Uninstall” entry and start the uninstall process.
A window will open asking you if you want to confirm or reject the uninstallation process. Confirm the process and wait until the uninstallation process is complete. Restart your computer after uninstalling the software from your computer.
After restarting the computer, reinstall the software that caused the error.
You can use this method to correct the DLL error you encounter. If the error messages persist despite all these processes, we may have a problem with Windows. To resolve DLL errors that come from Windows, you must complete the 4th method and the 5th method in the list.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.