Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Sony Playstation users are currently experiencing a serious problem. The problems are related to creating or participating in a newsgroup when users get the error NW-31473-8.
So far, the Japanese company has not reported anything on its social media accounts. However, we are constantly monitoring the problem and will update the story as soon as we have more information.
So, it looks like this problem may have several causes, which all affected console users should know and fix on their own. You may have problems connecting to the PlayStation network, TCP/IP mismatch, improper network configuration, etc. etc. If the problem is related to your PSN connection, you will have to wait for the server to be repaired.
Check the status of the PSN server
You can simply go to the PlayStation Network service status page to check if the server is being shut down or serviced.
Now, if there is a problem with the server, wait. There is nothing else for you to do.
Otherwise, if everything is working fine with the PSN service, check the following method.
Turn off and on the PS4 and modem router again.
Cache, network problems, or a slow internet connection can also cause PlayStation error NW-31473-8. This could be because of your home network or your console. However, if you are on a school campus or private network, your Internet connection may be protected by a firewall. You can ask your network administrator for help.
Turn off your PlayStation Network 4 and modem/router.
- Unplug the power cord for at least three minutes.
- Turn it back on and see if the connection or party problem disappears.
- If the error doesn’t go away, try checking your network settings.
- If you are using a separate router, connect PlayStation Network 4 directly to the modem to bypass the router’s firewall.
- If PlayStation Network 4 uses Wi-Fi, make sure the PlayStation Network 4 gets a strong Wi-Fi signal, or use an Ethernet cable.
- If PlayStation Network 4 uses an Ethernet cable, make sure the cable is in good condition, or try changing the LAN port.
- If the problem persists, call your Internet Service Provider.
If the solution below doesn’t work, the PSN server may be having server issues. The only solution is to wait until the server is stable.
Check your PS4 network settings
It is also possible that in some cases the PS4 network settings are messed up or configured incorrectly. Therefore, you should also check and adjust the network configuration on your PS4.
- Turn on your PS4 console> go to the main control panel.
- Use your controller to access the settings menu.
- Select Network> Configure Internet Connection.
- Depending on your usage, select WLAN or LAN cables.
- Select Custom> Select Automatic for IP address settings.
- Select Do Not Specify as the DHCP hostname.
- Select Manual for DNS settings> Enter 184.108.40.206.8 for Primary DNS.
- Enter 220.127.116.11 for secondary DNS.
- Select OK and go to the next option> select Do Not Use for MTU and proxy settings.
- Once everything is fully configured, restart the console from the main menu.
Reboot or restart the router
If you previously determined that error code NW-31473-8 is not due to a server problem, the most likely cause of this error is TCP or IP inconsistency.
This is often due to corrupted temporary data. Fortunately, many affected users have confirmed that they were finally able to solve this problem by forcing the network device (router or modem) to update all important TCP and IP information.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.