Updated March 2024: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
To facilitate your collaboration, add files to Slack and share them with your teammates. The downloaded files are saved, viewable and can be shared in your workspace. However, if you occasionally use drag and drop to download images, Slack crashed when you hover your mouse over an image.
The annoying part is that sometimes the error was triggered by a simple drag and drop of an image onto the application – whether you wanted to put it in Slack or in another application.
Here’s how to solve this problem by downloading slack files.
Clear the application cache
If you are using Slack on a Windows PC, you have several options. You can work with the standard Win32 Desktop App, the UWP application or the Web client.
For each of these options, the padded cover is probably the cause of the problem. And in this particular situation, the reason for the error “Slack could not download your file” could not be found.
What you need to do is remove the cached data from the application/client. For the Web client, you can clear the browser cache and search for improvements.
Here’s how to clear the cache of the 3 Slack options:
Slack client for Desktop
- Open game.
- Click on the Hamburger menu at the top left and select Help > Troubleshooting > Clear Cache and
- You can repeat the action and delete the data from the application.
Drag the UWP from the Microsoft Store
- Open Start.
- Right-click the Slack application and select More > Application Settings from the context menu.
- First try the repair and, if it does not work, select the Reset option.
- Press Shift + Ctrl + Delete to open the Clear Navigation Data menu.
- Select “All Time” as the time interval.
- Focus on deleting cookies, cached images and files and other data from the website.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.