Last Updated on November 30, 2020
Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
You can see the message “What needs your attention” when you try to upgrade Windows 10 to the latest version, and your computer has a compatibility problem with the driver, hardware, application, function or configuration. These problems can lead to unexpected consequences, so no update is currently offered. Here are the most frequent messages and what you can do to fix them.
Update the application
If you receive a message about an incompatible application, update the application. Make sure that your device is connected to the Internet. Then select the “Details” link, or update to see an article explaining the compatibility problem. The article will direct you to the software vendor’s website, where you can update your application to a version compatible with the latest version of Windows 10. When you upgrade your application, go back to the What you need attention message and select Update. If there are no additional compatibility issues, you can continue updating.
Update your drivers
If Windows update failed, make sure that all drivers have been updated. There are two ways to deal with this.
Go to Control Panel -> Device Manager and find each device to check for updates and install them if necessary, or select the automatic option. Additional ways to update drivers in Windows 10.
If you do not want to waste time checking for updates manually, we recommend using the IObit Driver Booster.
Once installed, you can press the big SCAN button to check the status of your drivers. The analysis is checked against a database containing over 3,500,000 drivers that are updated in real time.
The correct driver for your version of Windows will be selected and installed automatically. After all drivers are updated, you can try to install the Windows Update Center again and see if it works. If you still see an error message, skip to the next solution as incompatible software may be the culprit.
Perform a compatibility check on applications and drivers.
This error may be caused by applications or drivers that are not compatible with this version of Windows. You may have to uninstall or move those applications or files (before installing the update). All you have to do is check for hidden update log files. You need to know which file / application / driver or service is causing this error. If you do not know how to do this, follow the instructions below:
- First. Open the Explorer. Then click on the Display tab.
- Note. Make sure that the “Hidden objects” checkbox is checked.
- Tap this PC. Enter “* _APPRAISER_HumanReadable.xml” in the search box. Then press Enter.
- Right-click the file that ends with “* _APPRAISER_HumanReadable.xml”. Open it with Notepad.
- Press Ctrl + F. Then enter “DT_ANY_FMC_BlockingApplication” to find the value “Truth”.
- Press Ctrl + F. Enter LowerCaseLongPathUnexpanded to find the path to the file. (File to delete or move to another location)
- Copy or write the path to the file.
- Open the Explorer. After that click on the search bar. Insert the path to the file by pressing Ctrl + V.
- Finally, delete the file or try to move it to another disk. (Once you move to the location of the file).
- These instructions can be difficult to follow. Therefore, you can simply follow the above steps by downloading the batch zip file and running it.
- Finally, go back to Windows update. Update it to continue the installation.
This way, you can avoid the message “What needs your attention? Remove and update Windows 10 to the latest version on your computer. However, the May 2019 update is not the last update for Windows 10. We will definitely get more updates in the coming months. Is it hard for Microsoft to just tell users what’s wrong with their computer and what they need to do to solve the problem? However, these bug reports are a better option than the previous bug report which just said “Something happened”.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.