Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Google Drive File Stream is a desktop application that gives you quick access to all your Google Drive files right from your computer. This means you can spend less time waiting for syncing.
However, some users reported that Google Drive File Stream didn’t work on Mac or Windows 10, which bothered them, and the circumstances under which it didn’t work were different.
According to the masses, problems with Google Drive File Stream are quite common. For example, from time to time, you may encounter a problem that Google Drive File Stream doesn’t connect or doesn’t open. People find that they can’t use the program properly for a variety of reasons.
List the situations you may encounter here:
- Files cannot be synced between your computer and Google My Drive.
- Stay in the login interface and continue downloading. You cannot log in as usual.
- Authorization error: The files are no longer available for viewing.
- Windows and macOS app reports the error “Google Drive client is not enabled for the account.
- Received a notification that the system extension is blocked.
Try renaming the Google Drive file stream folder
- Outdated or corrupted cache is one of the reasons for Google Drive file streaming problem. Therefore, you need to delete or rename it.
- Here are simple steps to rename cached Google Drive file stream folder.
- First, close the running Google Drive file feed application.
- Run the command line as an administrator.
- Run the following command.
- % USERPROFILE% \ AppData \ Local \ Google .
- Now find the folder and rename it to whatever name you want.
- Reboot the system once and restart the Google Drive File Stream app.
- This time the streaming may work fine.
Try updating the file streaming app
Google updates are aimed at improving security and fixing bugs of previous versions. Therefore, the user should update the Google Drive File Stream app to the latest version if it has not already been updated. Then try streaming files using the latest version of the app.
Note. Make sure that the old version of the Google Drive File Stream app has been removed from the Control Panel and is no longer available on the system.
Disable Windows Firewall
Few users realize that the Windows firewall can actually restrict software connections. To solve this problem, users need to disable the Windows firewall.
- Type “Firewall” in the Windows search box and select the “Windows Defender Firewall” option.
- Then click “Enable or disable Windows Firewall”.
- Now click the configuration settings for public and private networks on “Disable Windows Firewall”. Then click OK.
These were the methods used to solve this problem. Users can use the Gmail backup tool to back up Gmail emails and download them to their computer or external hard drive. This utility is compatible with all versions of Windows and Mac and also includes the latest version.
Now that we know these techniques, let’s look at situations and reasons why we need to use these tips.
Here are some tips and tricks on how to fix the file flow problem on Google Drive. Quickly adopting new technology in a short amount of time makes things difficult for users. To fix these Google Drive File Stream issues, you need to update from time to time. This article tells you what you need to know when you are in the same situation.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.