Last Updated on September 21, 2020
Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
When users try to run a Java application, for example: Minecraft, some of them get a dialog box: “Java binary (TM) Platform SE has stopped working. Something went wrong. from the program “. This message is accompanied when the application stops responding. Clicking the “Close program” closes the application and closes the application window.
In many cases, this may be due to a graphic driver problem, which causes the Java application to fail on your Windows computer.
Update your video card driver
To solve this problem, check the video card driver installed in your system and update it accordingly.
Updating the graphics card driver will solve the problem in most vulnerable systems as follows:
- Close all active web conference sessions or Blackboard Collaborate recording windows.
- Right-click the Start button in Windows.
- Select Device Manager.
- Click Chevron next to Show Adapters to expand the list of adapters.
- Right-click the Intel (R) HD Graphics 520 adapter and select “Update driver software.
- Select the “Automatically check for updated drivers” option.
Windows will find, update and install the updated driver automatically. Note that this process may take several minutes, depending on your system. When the process is complete, Windows will display a notification on the screen.
- Make sure that the driver is updated by repeating steps 2-4 above. Then right-click on Intel (R) HD Graphics 520 and select Properties.
- Select the “Driver” tab at the top of the Properties window.
- Make sure the specified driver version is above 220.127.116.1134.
- At the time of writing this article the updated version number was 18.104.22.16850.
- At this stage, users should start a web sharing session and test the application sharing functionality.
Problem with MPLAB 3.51
If reinstalling Java or updating / dropping the driver does not solve the problem, it is possible that the application you are trying to run uses MPLAB 3.51. Note that MPLAB 3.51 comes with Java 8. Therefore you need to perform the configuration manually. You will need to do the following:
Changes in Mplab_ide.conf in C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Microchip \ MPLABX \ v3.51 \ mplab_ide \ etc. Д.
The default settings are -J-Xmx1024m and -J-Xmx4079.
default_options = “-J-Dcrowning.stream.verbosity = very quiet -J-Xss2m -J-Xms256m -J-Xmx1024m -J-Dapple.awt.graphics.UseQuartz = true -J-XX: + CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -J-Dapt. limit.expanded.params = 1000 -J-Dplugin.manager.check.interval = EVERY_STARTUP -J-Dsun.java2d.noddraw = true -J-Dorg.netbeans.modules.extbrowser.UseDesktopBrowse = true “.
jdkhome = “C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Microchip \ MPLABX \ v3.51 \ sys \ java \ jre1.8.0_91 \”.
jdkhome = “C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Microchip \ MPLABX \ v3.51 \ sys \ java \ jre1.8.0_121 \”.
Finally, copy Java to the folder jre1.8.0_121.
From C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Microchip \ MPLABX \ v3.51 \ sys \ java
IN C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Microchip \ MPLABX \ v3.51 \ sys \ java
Please note that the update also works without copying the Java directory. The file mplab_ide.conf points to the Java directory 8… 121 at the default Java location and not at the MPLAB Java installation site. The first method, which is to copy the Java directory, is the best solution because it allows you to update the Java on your computer without changing the mplab_ide.conf file.
Configure Environment Variables
- Open the Windows Search service program with the key combination Windows + S.
- Enter information about the system in the search field.
- Click System to open the record window right below it.
- Click Advanced System Settings to open the System Properties window.
- On the Advanced tab in the System Properties window, click Environment Variables.
- Then click the “Create” button in the “System Variables” section to open the window below.
- Enter _JAVA_OPTIONS in the text box “Variable Name”.
- Enter -Xmx256M in the variable value field.
- Click OK to close the New System Variable window.
- Click OK in the window of environment variables.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.