Updated December 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
The SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol is a standard security technology for establishing an encrypted connection between a server and a client. It is not easy to manipulate and can usually result in error messages if not executed correctly.
A good example is trying to import an SSL certificate file with a private key into the personal certificate store on the local computer.
Fortunately, there are solutions to these problems, and we have listed them below step by step.
Reason for this error:
This behavior occurs when one or more of the following conditions are met:
- You do not have sufficient permissions to access the DriveLetter folder: \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys on the computer.
- There is a third-party registry subkey that prevents IIS from accessing the cryptographic service provider.
- You are connected to the computer remotely via a Terminal Services session, and the user profile is not stored locally on the server where Terminal Services is enabled.
Resetting permissions in the MachineKeys folder
- Right-click on the MachineKeys folder
- On the Security tab, click Advanced.
- Click View/Edit
- Select the Reset permissions for all child objects and allow the propagation of inherited permissions check box.
Save the User Profile for the Terminal Services Session Locally
If this appears to be the case, ask your IT administrator to simply move the user profile to the server where terminal services are enabled. You can also use roaming profiles.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.