Updated March 2024: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Windows 10 has a complicated mechanism for activation. It is useful to check an original version of Windows 10, but sometimes there is the error code 0xc000f074. It occurs when the key management service or KMS is not available on the client computer or when the key used in the SLSetAuthenticationData function call is incorrect. This error code usually occurs on computers that are upgraded from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.
Troubleshooting in a clear start-up state
Implementing a clean boot state determines whether third-party parties or boot devices cause conflicts.
So start your PC in the Clean Boot state and try to isolate the difficulty manually. To perform a clean boot troubleshooting, you must follow several steps to restart your PC after each trip. You may need to manually disable one item at a time to try to identify the one that is causing the problem. Once you have identified the perpetrator of the crime, you may consider eliminating or neutralizing him or her.
Check the problem with the activation server
There may be a problem with Microsoft Activation Server so that your Windows 10 is not enabled. In this scenario, you must wait to see if this is a Microsoft problem. But if you receive the error code 0xC004F078, you can also try these steps:
- Open the Settings application. Then go to Update and Security > Activation Screen > Edit Product.
- Enter your Windows Edition product key and click Next.
- You receive the error message We were unable to activate the Windows error message.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3, then enter your unique 25-digit product key.
- Wait until the process is complete, Windows 10 is enabled.
Using the Appwiz
To bypass this error, proceed as follows:
- Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, then click OK.
- Click to select the Office product you have installed, then click on Edit.
- Click Repair, then follow the instructions to complete the repair process.
Use the command prompt to reinstall the key.
Run the command prompt as an administrator. Now execute the following commands:
To uninstall the existing key, type :
To install the KMS product key, type :
slmgr.vbs /ipk >> KMS product key
When the operation is completed, you will receive a message telling you whether or not the operation was successful.
To activate it online, enter:
To activate it by phone, type:
After pressing the KMS key, restart the software protection service.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.