Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Error code 0xC004F025 indicates a problem with Windows activation. The most common cause of Windows 10 activation error 0xC004F025 is the account type of the logged in user. In order to activate or reactivate Windows, the logged in user must be an administrator. There are other reasons for this error. Please keep reading.
0xC004F025 The software licensing service has reported that administrator rights are required for this action.
Error: 0xC004F025 Access denied: the requested action requires elevated privileges
We are currently unable to activate Windows on this device. You can try enabling it again later or purchase it from the original Windows Store. Error code: 0xC004F025
Internet is required to activate Windows. Make sure the device is connected to the Internet.
Run the activation troubleshooter
Before you try any of the following fixes, the first thing to do is to determine if your Windows 10 operating system can’t automatically resolve the issue. Activation attempts have several sources of failure, and the latest version of Windows is prepared to address these issues.
In case the 0xc004f025 error is a byproduct of a locally imposed license restriction, you should run the Windows activation troubleshooter and see if it can solve the problem automatically.
This utility provides a set of troubleshooting strategies for the most common problems that can cause an activation attempt to fail.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R. Then type “ms-settings: activity” and press Enter to open the Activation tab in the Settings app.
- Once you go to the “Activation” tab, go to the right pane of the window and find the “Activate” button at the bottom of the screen. Click the “Troubleshoot” button here.
- After launching the utility, patiently wait for the first scan to complete. If activation problems are detected, you will be presented with a repair strategy. If you are satisfied with this, click Apply this update and wait for the process to complete.
- After successfully applying the update, restart your computer and check if the activation process went through after backing up your system.
Run the slmgr.vbs -rearm command from the command line with elevated privileges.
Similar to the solution described above, you can simply reset the license status of the operating system using “slmgr.vbs -rearm”. Administrator privileges are required for this.
- Run the command line as administrator
- Type your command, for example: “Slmgr -rearm” and press Enter.
Reactivate Windows after a hardware change
A recent hardware change can also cause a Windows activation error 0xC004F025, especially if you’ve replaced the motherboard. If you’ve made any hardware changes, you’ll need to restart Windows 10 with the original product key.
Check the product key
Activation problems can occur in some scenarios if you upgrade Windows to the latest version with the wrong product key. All you need to do is verify the value of the key by following these steps:
- Start by launching the Settings app using the Win + I shortcut.
- Expand the “Update and Security” category, then “Activate” in the left column.
- Go to the right pane and click the Change Product Key link under “Update Product Key”.
- From this point, enter your real Windows activation key and click Next.
- Now follow the instructions on the screen to complete the current task.
This should help eliminate the Windows activation error 0xC004F025 on your computer.
If none of these steps helped solve the problem, contact Microsoft support for help or reinstall Windows.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.