Last Updated on May 3, 2021
Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
The file Bin64InstallManagerAPP.exe is a software component of the AMD (Advanced Micro Devices) Catalyst Control Center. It is closely related to installing and updating the AMD graphics driver. Recently, some users have been unable to update or install the AMD graphics driver because of this component. The full error message is as follows:
Windows cannot find “Bin64InstallManagerAPP.exe”. Make sure you entered the name correctly, and then try again.
There can be many reasons for this problem. The problem can occur due to corrupted system files, missing Windows updates, and other factors. Fortunately, the problem can be solved in the following ways. Let’s go through them one by one.
In this post, you will learn how to update NVIDIA, AMD, and Intel video card drivers in Windows 10 for desktops and laptops.
What causes the error message “Windows can’t find Bin64 InstallManagerAPP.exe”
This error can occur for several reasons, including corrupted driver files, missing updates, etc. Below are solutions to help you fix this error and install/update AMD Radeon software.
Another reason for the Windows `Bin64InstallManagerApp.exe’ error may be that you have not updated your Windows operating system. Check for updates and install them if you have paused the Windows 10 update. This may fix the error.
To fix the problem ‘Windows cannot find Bin64 InstallManagerAPPexe’
Update your Windows
In fact, some driver installations require a special Windows update, and you can even update your device driver through Windows Update. If you have missed some critical updates for Windows, you may encounter the “Windows can’t find Bin64InstallManagerAPP.exe” problem. Therefore, try updating Windows first.
- Press Windows + I to open Settings.
- Go to Update and Security -> Windows Update.
- Click Check for updates in the right pane and install all available updates, following the instructions on the screen.
Temporarily disable access to controlled folders
Some users also recommend temporarily disabling Controlled Folder Access, which you can also try. Do the following.
- Open Windows Settings and go to Update and Security -> Windows Security.
- In the right pane, click Virus and Threat Protection.
- In the Windows Security window that pops up, click Manage Settings under Virus and Threat Protection Options.
- Scroll down to Managed Folder Access and click Manage Managed Folder Access.
- Now uncheck the button under Managed folder access to disable it.
You can then check to see if you can update the AMD graphics driver without experiencing problems with Bin64InstallManagerAPP.exe. If the problem persists, re-enable managed folder access and then move on to the next solution.
Run a DISM and SFC scan
As mentioned earlier, one of the possible factors leading to the “Windows cannot install Bin64InstallManagerAPP.exe” error message is a corrupted system file cannot be found”. Therefore, it may be useful to run DISM and SFC scans to find corrupted Windows images and system files. Just follow the steps below:
- Press Windows + R to open the Run window.
- Type cmd and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to run the command prompt as administrator.
- Type the command line DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restore Health and press Enter to run it.
- Wait for the process to complete, reboot the computer to make sure the problem is resolved. If the problem returns, go to the next step.
- Open the command line again with administrator privileges, this time enter the command sfc / scan now and press Enter. Once the analysis is 100% complete, reboot the device and see if the problem is fixed.
Reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ Reinstalling distributions
You can also reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables to fix the “Windows can’t find Bin64InstallManagerAPP.exe” error.
- Open the Control Panel and go to Programs -> Programs and Features.
- Note all the versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables listed here.
- Go to the official Microsoft website and download new copies of the participating Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables.
- Uninstall all the original Microsoft Visual C++ distributions and then install the downloaded copies following the wizard provided.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here