Last Updated on March 17, 2020
Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Secure Folder is the perfect place to store all the photos, videos, files, applications and data you want to keep private. The folder is protected by Samsung Knox’s military-grade security platform, keeping your information safe from malicious attacks. You can also add an access code or biometric lock to protect your data from prying eyes.
How to Set up Secure Folder from the Pre-installed Icon
- Once the initial configuration is complete, the secure folder icon appears on your application screen. The secure folder icon is displayed on the Apps screen or inside the Samsung folder. If you disable Secure Folder during the setup wizard, the icon will not be displayed.
- Click the Secure Folder icon to begin.
Set up Secure Folder from Device Settings
Follow these instructions on your device:
- Go to Settings > Screen lock and security > Secure folder.
- Press Start.
- Press Login when prompted to open your Samsung account.
- Enter your Samsung account information. Type “Sign In”.
- Select your lock type (model, pin or fingerprint), and then tap Next.
- Secure Folder is now configured and created on your device.
Download Secure Folder from Google Play (or Galaxy Apps)
Secure Folder is pre-installed on the Samsung S8 and above. For other devices with Android N, it can be downloaded from Google Play or Galaxy Apps.
Supported models are as follows:
- Galaxie S7, S7 Edge
- Note 5
- Galaxy S6, S6 edge, S6 edge plus
- J5 Pro, J7 (2016)
- A3(2016), A5(2016), A7(2016)
Move Files to Secure Folder
In addition to applications, you can also move certain files from your phone to the secure folder. This can be done in two ways.
The first way is to go to your My Files application or Gallery application in your application drawer. Select the files and folders you want to move by pressing and holding. Then press the three-point menu button in the upper right corner and select “Move to secure folder”. You will be prompted to verify your identity again using your lock screen, and then they will be moved. To access these files, use the My Files or Gallery application in the secure folder.
Alternatively, go to your secure folder and click the “Add Files” button. From there, you can select either My Files or the Image, Video, Audio or Document Explorer. You can then select one or more files and press “Done” at the bottom of the screen to move them to the secure folder.
Note that files downloaded to the Safe Folder, such as those downloaded by email applications or browsers, are only accessible to the applications located in the folder.
You can move your files out of your Safe Folder in the same way. Go to My Files or Gallery in the Safe Folder, select the files and press “Move from Safe Folder”.
These are the most important things you need to know about the Samsung Secure Folder. However, the application offers many other features, including the ability to hide detailed alert information.
Did we miss anything important? Let us know in the comments!
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.