Last Updated on March 13, 2020
Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
YouTube can be a great place for educational content and entertainment. But if you have a child, you need to set some limits to make sure your child doesn’t see content they shouldn’t see.
Blocking certain videos or channels on the platform can be a useful way to do this.
Below is what you need to do to decide what your kids can see with a video blocking extension on YouTube. Keep in mind, however, that you will need a desktop or laptop for this, not a phone.
How to Report and Block Offensive Videos on Youtube Kids
If your child comes screaming into the kitchen after finding a boring video, you can block it so it doesn’t reappear later. You can also report it. YouTube Kids has a team that checks tagged videos 24 hours a day. I suggest you block and report videos you find objectionable.
- To block a video, press the three-pointer button and then press Block. You can only block the video you’re watching, or if you think the editor is offensive, you can block the entire channel.
- To highlight a video, press the three-pointer button of the video you are watching, and then press Report. You can report the video as inappropriate sound, footage, or other information.
To Block Youtube Channels in Restricted Mode
Activating the restricted/security mode on YouTube is very easy. Just log in to your YouTube account and click on the account information icon in the right corner.
Scroll down and click on restricted mode and turn the switch to On. As mentioned earlier, this mode is not 100% accurate and filters videos based on content that others have highlighted.
When you click “On”, the YouTube home page is reloaded with Safe Mode enabled.
YouTube’s secure mode does the following:
- Hides inappropriate videos
- Does not return results for adult search terms
- Hide default comments
- Inappropriate words in comments are hidden by asterisks.
So, if you are a parent whose child is online most of the day and spends a lot of time on YouTube, you might want to consider enabling this option to allow your child to surf in a controlled manner.
Unblock a Video or a Channel in YouTube Kids
If you accidentally blocked a channel or video, you can follow these steps to unblock it in YouTube Kids.
- First, click the lock icon on the YouTube Kids site and solve a simple math problem. Otherwise, you will need to enter the password when you use it to unlock the settings page. After entering the correct answer or code, go to the “Privacy” section and click on the “Share Videos” button.
- A pop-up window should appear in which you must click on the YES, UNLOCK button. The only problem is that you cannot unlock one channel or video at a time.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.