Updated September 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Google Chrome is colorful and offers new ways to manage the browser when you have a plethora of open tabs. You can now choose the colors to display on the tab, the background behind it, and the new tab page.
Colors are a good thing to do if you want to customize your browser, although you can already do this by installing the Chrome extensions. It is now integrated by default. You can access it by opening a new empty tab, clicking on the “Customize” button in the bottom right corner, and then clicking on the “Color and Theme” tab.
Such cosmetic changes are only superficial, but many people are interested in them – look no further than the crazy line to add a dark mode to any application and operating system.
To Enable the Colors and Themes Dialog for the New Tab in Google Chrome
- Update your Google Chrome browser to version 77.
- Open Google Chrome and type the following in the address bar: chrome://flags/#ntp-customization-menu-v2.
- Select “Enabled” from the drop-down list next to the “NTP customization menu version 2” flag.
- Now enter the URL chrome://flags/#chrome-colors.
- Activate the “Chrome Colors Menu” flag.
- Finally, activate the flagchrome://flags/#chrome-colors-custom-color-picker named “Custom color picker for Chrome Colors menu”.
- Restart the browser when prompted.
- You’re done!
- Now click on the pencil button and customize the browser with the new dialog box.
To disable these features later, open the “Flags” page and change the above options from “Enabled” to “Default”.
Use Themes to Change Tab Color in Chrome
The themes help you customize the look of Chrome to your taste. When you change the Chrome theme, the color of the Chrome toolbar or top bar changes. This includes the color of your tabs, the search bar (address bar), and the bookmarks bar (if active). Changing themes also affects the appearance of the new tab in Chrome.
If you have many tabs open, it will be difficult to identify the active tab. The default colors in Chrome don’t help much because the color difference is negligible. This is where themes could be useful. Using a different Chrome theme will help you change the color of the active tab.
- Start Chrome and click on the three-dot icon at the top. Select Settings from the menu.
- Under Settings, scroll down to the Appearance section. Click Themes.
- The browser takes you to the Chrome Theme Online Store. Google has several cool themes of its own. You’ll find them at the top of the theme store. If you don’t like your collection, you can choose a different theme by scrolling down the page. Click the theme you want to activate.
- On the theme page, click Add to Chrome.
Wait for Chrome to install the theme. Once the theme is installed and activated, the color of your tabs will change.
To create a tab groups, simply right-click on a Chrome tab. You will see the option “Add a tab to a new group” and from there you can give the group a name and assign a color to it. The name of the group will appear to the left of the tabs, and the color will appear under the tabs and underline the current tab. Tabs can also be moved to other groups.
Tab groups are now available in the latest beta version of Chrome for the desktop. This feature will be widely introduced next week in Chrome for Desktop on Chrome OS, Windows, Mac and Linux. This seems to be an interesting feature for all those who live their life by tabs.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.