Last Updated on January 3, 2020
Updated November 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Microsoft has adopted the open source Chromium project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, giving you best-in-class web compatibility and performance.
Microsoft has also introduced a new Microsoft Edge logo to capture the waves of innovation that Microsoft is planning for you.
Currently, the new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge web browser is only available as a Microsoft Edge Insider for download and installation. It is expected to be available to the public on January 15, 2020 in more than 90 languages.
The new Microsoft Edge is supported on all versions of Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server (2016 and later), Windows Server (2008 R2 to 2012 R2) and MacOS.
When you open a new tab in Microsoft Edge, by default you see a Bing search bar, the Bing image of the day in the background, tiled quick links to your most frequently visited Web sites, and Bing message content visible for scrolling.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to change the layout of the new tab to customize its appearance in Chromium-based Microsoft Edge.
How to Customize Microsoft Edge New Tab Page
- Start Microsoft Edge and select the More Actions icon (…) in the upper right corner, then Settings.
- Then scroll down to open new tabs. With and from the drop-down menu, you can choose to display the best sites and suggested content, best sites only, or a blank page only.
- Although I sometimes want to see the suggested content, it seems to slow down the browser a bit… it takes a while for the content to load. If you want to increase your performance and you don’t want to see the extra stuff… just open an empty page. It’s not an empty page as you’d expect in other browsers like IE or Firefox, but it’s cleaner.
- If you’re a fan of the proposed content, you can better customize it according to your interests. Open a new tab and select Customize.
- On the next page, you can also choose from the customizations above and your favorite topics below.
How to Add Multiple Websites to Open when Edge Starts up
The page you added will now open each time you launch Edge. You can add more pages to the list if you are not satisfied with a page.
- Start Edge from the Start menu, desktop, or taskbar.
- Click the More button – it is located in the upper right corner of the window and looks like …
- Click Settings.
- Click Add New Page.
- Enter a URL.
- Click the Save button. It looks like a diskette and is located next to the URL field.
- Click the More button to close the menu.
The options are pretty self-explanatory, so we hope you won’t have any problems creating your personal page. Whether you want to see the latest news, or just want a minimal experience, you should be able to get the look you want with the redesigned New tab in Edge Insider.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.