Updated March 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Gone are the days when you had to go to a store to see the shows and movies you were interested in. Streaming services like Netflix give you access to hundreds of titles directly from your phone, tablet or laptop. But if the title you’re watching isn’t in a language you understand, you have to change it.
Maybe you have non-English-speaking family visiting, or maybe you’ve decided that the best way to brush up on a foreign language before a trip is to have a party with friends. Either way, you need to change the language on Netflix. Just, uh… how do I do that?
If you want to change the language on Netflix, the steps vary slightly depending on the device you are using. Whether you’re on the web, a mobile device, or a set-top box, here’s how to change the language on Netflix.
To Change the Language on Netflix Online
If you open Netflix only to find that everyone on the screen is speaking in a language you don’t understand, you will need to change the primary language. To resolve this issue, go to Settings and correct it in your profile on the Netflix website.
While this is frustrating, to correct the language associated with your Netflix profile, you need to log in to the site. If you try to do this from a phone or tablet, the option to select another language will not appear.
March 2023 Update:
You can now prevent PC problems by using this tool, such as protecting you against file loss and malware. Additionally it is a great way to optimize your computer for maximum performance. The program fixes common errors that might occur on Windows systems with ease - no need for hours of troubleshooting when you have the perfect solution at your fingertips:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
- Go to Netflix.com.
- Select Manage Profiles.
- Select the user profile with the wrong language.
- Select your preferred language from the drop-down menu.
- Log in from time to time to save your new settings.
To change the primary language of Netflix on your mobile phone
- Go to Netflix.com using the web browser or tablet on your phone, log in to your account and select the profile whose language settings you want to change.
- After logging in, you can go directly to the language settings page by typing https://www.netflix.com/LanguagePreferences on your URL toolbar.
- On the Language Settings page, select your preferred language by clicking in the small circle on the left.
- Once you have chosen your language, save your settings by scrolling down and clicking the “Save” button.
- Open the Netflix application on your phone or tablet When your new language appears, you’re ready to go. If not, you may need to log out and then log back in for the changes to take effect. At this point, Netflix should display the language you selected.
To change the language on Netflix to Apple TV
If you want to change the language spoken on Netflix to that of the Apple TV while the show is on, slide your Apple TV remote down. The menu that appears allows you to choose the language in which you want the show to broadcast, both for audio and subtitles.
With so many movies and TV shows available on Netflix, it’s great that you can change the language of the application itself and the content you watch. Whether you watch Netflix on your smart TV, Blu-ray player, or set-top box, it’s pretty useful to be able to customize your viewing experience.
Were you able to change the language on Netflix? Do you find it convenient enough? Please share your experience in the comments section below.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.