Updated January 2023: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
There are two ways to create a profile on the Chromium version of Microsoft Edge. You can create a profile with a local account, or you can create a profile with a Microsoft account, which is the preferred method if you want to synchronize settings and data between devices.
However, depending on the method you use, the profile will have a default image. If you are using a local account, a generic icon is displayed, and if you are using a Microsoft account, your account picture appears in the profile.
If you prefer to see a different picture, you can change it using the Edge profile settings.
This guide shows you how to change the profile picture you use on Microsoft Edge.
To change the profile picture on Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge and go to the required profile.
- Click the menu button with the three dots or press Alt+F.
- Click on the Settings item.
- Go to Settings > Profiles.
- Click the colon button next to the profile name and select Edit from the menu.
- Select the desired profile picture and click Update.
Change the profile picture connected with the Microsoft Account
- Click/tap the More Actions button (3 points) and click/tap Edit in the drop-down menu.
- Click/tap the Change Image link.
- A new tab will open on the Edit Image Online page for your Microsoft account. Change the image of your Microsoft account with a new image of your choice and save it.
- Your changes will eventually be synchronized with all your PCs and devices you log in to with that Microsoft account to also update the profile picture in Microsoft Edge.
If you do not use a Microsoft account, simply select the desired image and click on the “Update” button.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.