Last Updated on March 2, 2020
Updated December 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
A proxy server is an intermediary between your PC or Windows 10 device and the Internet. This server makes requests for you to websites, servers and services on the Internet. Suppose you use a web browser to visit www.windowsbulletin.com and your browser is configured to use a proxy server.
Once you enter www.windowsbulletin.com, the request is sent to the proxy server. The server then sends the request to the server where the web site is hosted. The home page of the Wiley site is sent back to the proxy server, which in turn sends the home page back to you.
One of the reasons for using proxy servers is that companies can save valuable bandwidth. Proxy servers can compress traffic, cache files and web pages on the Internet, and even remove advertisements from websites before they reach your computer. This can save businesses bandwidth, especially when hundreds or thousands of employees are mostly accessing the same popular websites (such as CNN News or The New York Times). Other benefits include improved security and privacy.
Difference Between Public or Private Proxy
Although there are many different types of agents, as noted above, they can be divided into two categories: public agents and private agents. As the name implies, public proxies are free and available to the public, while private proxies are used by only one person.
Due to the influx of users, public proxies are often much less effective than private proxies. They are also more dangerous because the proxy operator can see your web traffic and possibly hijack your network.
How to Create a Proxy Server on Windows 10
There are two basic ways to create a proxy server on a Windows computer. One is with an automated script, the other is manual. Let’s start with the instructions for using the script:
- On your Windows computer, run the settings (Start>Settings).
- Click on the Network and Internet option.
- Click on Proxy Settings.
- Activate the Use configuration script option.
- Enter the script address that was given to you (by your employer, your school, or another server owner) and select Save. You can then exit the settings, and the script should take effect immediately.
Manually Configuring Proxy Servers in Windows
The opposite is to create a proxy server manually:
- Open your Windows settings again.
- Select the network and Internet options.
- Select Proxy.
- Enable the Use proxy server option on the Manual proxy configuration tab.
- Enter the IP address on the Address tab and the port number in the appropriate field.
- When you are finished, save the changes and exit this menu.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.